French alps

Strongbull
Strongbull Posts: 24
edited January 2019 in Holidays
Thinking of a trip to the french alps next summer. Bike hire is an option but im sure i have read somewhere that a company runs mini bus trips which you can take your own bike in a trailer but for the life of me i cannot find one. Anybody know any companys that do this.

Thanks

Comments

• Is this what you're looking for?

http://bike-express.co.uk/

Looked at it years ago but then got a camper.
  • hi

found that one but thought there was a company who go right into the alps. suspect old age is getting to me
  • steve_sordy
    steve_sordy Posts: 2,443
    On the MBR Forum (closed earlier this year), a lass came on the site. She had a big van all kitted out with water power etc, sleeps two, room for two bikes and so forth. She had been planning a bike holiday in the Alps when her mate let her down. She was still going to go and was looking for anyone to go with her to share costs. She said anyone and meant it, didn't impose any restrictions. Told us where she planned to ride and what sort of trails she was hoping to do.

She got no takers! :shock:
  • sniper68
    sniper68 Posts: 2,910
    On the MBR Forum (closed earlier this year), a lass came on the site. She had a big van all kitted out with water power etc, sleeps two, room for two bikes and so forth. She had been planning a bike holiday in the Alps when her mate let her down. She was still going to go and was looking for anyone to go with her to share costs. She said anyone and meant it, didn't impose any restrictions. Told us where she planned to ride and what sort of trails she was hoping to do.

She got no takers! :shock:
    I think there were two reasons for this Steve:=-
    1.Most of us were married and sharing a Camper with a Woman we didn't know would probably end up in Divorce.

2.When a Woman offers to share her Camper/Holiday with a total stranger then visions of Fatal Attraction/"insert bunny-boiler movie here" spring to mind :lol:

Of course it was all probably innocent and she did seem genuine but even my wife would draw the line at that and I go away to Mallorca with every year with the lady I cycle with(who my wife hasn't met) :wink:
  • eric_draven
    eric_draven Posts: 1,192
    Strongbull most of the time i have driven to the alps but I have gone for 3 weeks,but last time i flew and i hired an Evoc bike bag from a local bike shop for £45 for the week,the Evoc bags are really good and have plenty of protection for flying