Pinarello Mercurio Disk

Mlafw1966
Mlafw1966 Posts: 4
edited December 2018 in Road buying advice
Hi... looking yo upgrade from a 2014 Zhiant standard model... I am 52 not interested in racing or speed ,,, this pinarello seems good value? Anybody have one ? Thks

Comments

• Mlafw1966 wrote:
    Hi... looking yo upgrade from a 2014 Zhiant standard model... I am 52 not interested in racing or speed ,,, this pinarello seems good value? Anybody have one ? Thks
    that's a lot of money for a flat bar pub bike.
  • ayjaycee
    ayjaycee Posts: 1,277
    I've never heard of a Zhiant and don't know anything about that model Pinarello but I don't believe that any bike by them represents much value for money. I have only ever ridden two of them and thought one was OK (but only that) and the other (a Dogma F8 costing more than £10K) was one of the most uncomfortable bikes I have ever ridden. That said, If you like it, want it and can afford it what's VFM got to do with anything?
    Cannondale Synapse Carbon Ultegra
    Kinesis Racelight 4S
    Specialized Allez Elite (Frame/Forks for sale)
    Specialized Crosstrail Comp Disk (For sale)
  • Hi sorry that should read Giant ... I thought 1750€ was good value?
  • ayjaycee
    ayjaycee Posts: 1,277
    Mlafw1966 wrote:
    Hi sorry that should read Giant ... I thought 1750€ was good value?

Yours is the only opinion that really matters and you seem to have made up your mind already. I do however stand by my own opinion that you are paying a lot just for the privilege of having Pinarello stickers on the frame and, having googled the model, I also think that it's been touched by the ugly stick. If it was me, I would be looking elsewhere.
    Cannondale Synapse Carbon Ultegra
    Kinesis Racelight 4S
    Specialized Allez Elite (Frame/Forks for sale)
    Specialized Crosstrail Comp Disk (For sale)
  • paulbnix
    paulbnix Posts: 631
    That is a lot of money for a bike with a Sora groupset and mechanical disks.
  • Hi .. what would be a good alternative? I thought pinarello was a good make?