edited December 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

gmc, coffee, mince pie, lab, probably call it a day after today

it's the solstice today, maybe get a pineapple, also sacrifice some fools
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, a wet start to the solstice in Lincolnshire, dentist appointment this morning, partying later
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Last day. Sounds a bit damp and windy outside.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    2nd to last day :(

Out later makes it easy
  • Working from home as the bar is shut. Mrs DHL wanted me to take the kids to school but I bailed as it is next to the Airport and probably receiving a load of diverted flights.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,480
    Look on the bright side, winter is over and the days get longer from here on :)

Sat in the office that's doing a passable impression of the Marie Celeste, so should be a quiet one today. Only got one meeting scheduled and that's an easy one. The ride home tonight may be my last bit of cycling in 2018, so I may need to do a spot of running.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,146
    Morning

Sat in a car park waiting for a load of cyclists to turn up. Certainly do see some interesting things going on.
  • hopkinb
    What is it with BB'ers and car parks? Are we all doggers on the side? Should I be dogging? I really don't like the idea, but if it's just what one does around here, then so be it.

It was indeed windy, but it blew me to work, so that's good. Less good will be the ride home, with a dirty great big bag on my back.

There are mince pies to scoff, and I may do a sungod and bail early.
  • This morning I got two new tyres and a hangover.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, dull old day today, Friday and the last working day before Christmas eve eve means sod all happening here, dog is in the office today amusing herself by staring at ducks and being fussed, festive last minute shopping later more for wrapping goods as turns out OH took them with her to her mums. Gift boxes and bags as I cannot wrap.

Later is takeaway and turbo time maybe a nice drink after.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,330
    The dogging bit is fine. It's the people looking on at the dogging bit that i'm a bit uncomfortable with.
    Are there dogging car park venues in Chelsea and Kensington where the windows are blacked out so audiences are treated to the sight of rocking vehicles and posh noises only?

Today it is mowstly dull. It's also a little chilly and there's a little wind. That's how uninteresting it is.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    hopkinb wrote:
    Less good will be the ride home, with a dirty great big bag on my back.

40kg rucksack?
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    chilling out. bambino in bath, bambina doing whatever teenage girls do, hound mincing around.

may go and do some weights.

no car park dogging from this parish today.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    40kg rucksack?

:D

At least, probably heavier.
  • That’s work done for the week, and year. Just me in a deserted building so I got lots of loose ends tidied up. Then I remembered I work for a bunch of twunts and left. Cider and ale purchased, that’s Chrimbo sorted as the house is awash with booze.
    Cheers.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • thistle_
    That’s work done for the week, and year. Just me in a deserted building so I got lots of loose ends tidied up. Then I remembered I work for a bunch of twunts and left. Cider and ale purchased, that’s Chrimbo sorted as the house is awash with booze.
    Cheers.
    Just popped to Tesco and people were coming out with trolleys full of that festive tipple Stella Artois.
    Came back home and there's an ambulance outside :(
  • Matthewfalle
    That’s work done for the week, and year. Just me in a deserted building so I got lots of loose ends tidied up. Then I remembered I work for a bunch of twunts and left. Cider and ale purchased, that’s Chrimbo sorted as the house is awash with booze.
    Cheers.
    Just popped to Tesco and people were coming out with trolleys full of that festive tipple Stella Artois.

that sucks. all ok?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • thistle_

that sucks. all ok?[/quote]
    The ambo or the Stella?

It's one of the elderly neighbours but the paramedics seem very casual about everything so it can't be that bad. Not great timing though just before Christmas.
  • Matthewfalle

that sucks. all ok?
    The ambo or the Stella?

It's one of the elderly neighbours but the paramedics seem very casual about everything so it can't be that bad. Not great timing though just before Christmas.[/quote]

its just gran down then. fell over, can't get up, nothing wrong apart from being old and can't get up.

#headyworldofparamedics
    #itsnotreallylikeitisontv
    #hoursofboredom

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • In the best possible taste: poor old bat. I sincerely hope she’s up and on her feet soon.
    Been to the village social club. It was a blast, and the beer was cheap. Now home contemplating Stilton.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,674
    John Smiths is necessarily cheap. Not really beer though, is it?

Detect a little grumpiness? Is what a full on day of minding 4yo twins will do for you.

Fortunately daughter #2 arrives tomorrow to take them away.
  • hopkinb
    Got a cough. Going to take cough medicine and sleeeep.
  • thistle_
    In the best possible taste: poor old bat. I sincerely hope she’s up and on her feet soon.
    I'll find out tomorrow
    Ambulance was here for a couple of hours, but went away empty and the bloke was walking the dog shortly after so can't have been that bad.
  • tlw1
    In the best possible taste: poor old bat. I sincerely hope she’s up and on her feet soon.
    I'll find out tomorrow
    Ambulance was here for a couple of hours, but went away empty and the bloke was walking the dog shortly after so can't have been that bad.
    Fingers crossed
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,300
    Fingers crossed Thistle. Our neighbour took a tumble a while ago, they X rayed her and said she'd broken her pelvis, but it wasn't bad. Unfortunately they also discovered her cancer was back. Nothing they could do about it by that stage.
    Sorry, that's all a bit depressing. Two funerals today bookended by work, went to the pub afterwardds as it was all a bit sh!t. Very glad it's the weekend.
    Oh, I've been in at least 4 different car parks today. Unfortunately no action.
  • tlw1
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Fingers crossed Thistle. Our neighbour took a tumble a while ago, they X rayed her and said she'd broken her pelvis, but it wasn't bad. Unfortunately they also discovered her cancer was back. Nothing they could do about it by that stage.
    Sorry, that's all a bit depressing. Two funerals today bookended by work, went to the pub afterwardds as it was all a bit sh!t. Very glad it's the weekend.
    Oh, I've been in at least 4 different car parks today. Unfortunately no action.
    :(