thursday with a pineapple in a pear tree

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,432
edited December 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

slightly hungover after last night's decadence, off to office, coffee, lab, and with luck no annoyance
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Morning

Hopefully a fun bike ride later, but with 98 less people than TLW's ride last night.
  • Just had a phone call from "Microsoft" about hackers in my computer, kept them them on the phone for as long as I could.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Penultimate day before 16 days off work for only 2 days annual leave spend. Unfortunately I have to get a lot of sh!t done between now and Friday evening, but it's all in hand. At least I think it is.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    ciao

vegging on the couch. will go and make coffee in a minute
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    hopkinb wrote:
    Penultimate day before 16 days off work for only 2 days annual leave spend. Unfortunately I have to get a lot of sh!t done between now and Friday evening, but it's all in hand. At least I think it is.

how did you manage that one? its brilliant!

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, minor hangover too, work is going to be long. Must locate some coffee and calmly try drowning in it.
  • hopkinb wrote:
    I hope you wore gloves.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb wrote:
    I hope you wore gloves.

:lol:
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb wrote:

All the expats hightail it back to Japan, so they close the office from 21st December and re-open on the 3rd Jan and give it to us as paid holiday. I've taken 3rd and 4th off, and the weekend means I start back on the 7th Jan.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    Last day of freedom to do as I like before the family descends in a rolling wave formation, starting with the 4yo twins tonight and ending a week on Friday. Hmm.

Might head off to my nearest airfield and practice flying a drone.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    hopkinb wrote:
    All the expats hightail it back to Japan, so they close the office from 21st December and re-open on the 3rd Jan and give it to us as paid holiday. I've taken 3rd and 4th off, and the weekend means I start back on the 7th Jan.

This is bad news for your waistline/liver.

Procurement of bits day today. Hope I order the right bits. If there was actually anyone in the car part business in this 'off topic area' part of the who knew what they were doing, it would be easier.

Please fly the drone around Glasgow airport and Prestwick on Monday 'Loon . That way I get to get in and out of the place a bit easier.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • hopkinb
    Pinno wrote:

Nah, I'm not at work, I hardly drink when I'm not at work. I'll get out on the bike as well, plus an hour walking the dog each day.
  • Got my monthly expenses so going to splash out and buy something from the butty shop.

Winding down now, just a few quotes and the like to do and we're off.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • step83
    hopkinb wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

plus an hour walking the dog each day.

The like mine? 20 minutes walking, 40 minutes of the sniffing round everything that moves and taking a crap at the most annoying spot.
    Dog that is, not liver or waistline :lol:

Slightly geeky news, new case for my PC has arrived, flat packed trying to resist the urge to build it in the office. Laser cut plastic and wood with 3D printed bits, all rather swanky hopefully it all goes together well!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,160
    hopkinb wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

Hoppy, I hope that you managed to suppress a smirk as the expats wished you a 'Merry Christmas' before departing for Japan :)

Second last day in for me, got beer and curry this eve with a couple of mates as Thursday is the new Friday. Last outing before I'm imprisoned with family for a while...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

Hoppy, I hope that you managed to suppress a smirk as the expats wished you a 'Merry Christmas' before departing for Japan :)

Second last day in for me, got beer and curry this eve with a couple of mates as Thursday is the new Friday. Last outing before I'm imprisoned with family for a while...
    I've just found out the SU bar won't be open tomorrow so might be working from home.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    Mild Thursday hangover is fading at last. Quite busy still as no other barsteward is in until the new year, I'm only here until Monday so it's not too bad. Out to the pub again tonight with another group of friends.
    No wobbling as I had to drive the EPO in this morning, gives me a chance to get the assortment of bottles and chocolates from under my desk home at least. Car again tomorrow as off to a couple of funerals, may well finish up in a pub after them as well.
    hive me a shout over the weekend H³ and we can sort your spoke out. Need to talk to Stevo about stuff as well. Should we meet up in a pub? Piña, a competent person in the car arts game soon has it beaten out of them. I just had one of my former customers call me to say the guy that has taken over their account is much better than me as he sent them beer. I told him I just kept the beer for myself as I didn't like him.
    Step83 wrote:
    Slightly geeky news...
    More than slightly Step. :wink:
  • hopkinb
    Step83 wrote:
    The like mine? 20 minutes walking, 40 minutes of the sniffing round everything that moves and taking a crap at the most annoying spot.

Mine will only crap on something soft - grass, leaves. She is a fiend for walking & chasing/retrieving a ball though, not much of a sniffer. My mum's dog on the other hand spends all her time sniffing.
  • pinno
    Veronese68 wrote:
    ...I told him I just kept the beer for myself as I didn't like him.

:D Good for you. Don't let the b*stards get you down.

I want a full report on Gastronomic creations over the festive season in that thread at Casa Hoppy, Hoppy.

My spaniel used to always find something a little higher up for a crap. Tree stump, tuft of grass, anything. Never understood why.

I noticed first thing in the morning, I would let him out and he would always want to go when the cat went.
    So I followed him sneakily. It took me a few attempts but there one morning, there was this very neat pile of leaves and steam rising from it. And there was my dog; gently scraping the leaves off the top to get access to the source of the steam. :roll:
  • step83
    hopkinb wrote:
    Step83 wrote:

Mine will only crap on something soft - grass, leaves. She is a fiend for walking & chasing/retrieving a ball though, not much of a sniffer. My mum's dog on the other hand spends all her time sniffing.

Yeah mine has a habit of sniffing anything that moves to much, slow blowing leaves is endless fun for her!

Verone, yeah pretty geeky, laser printed goodness from Leigh near Manc land of all places, very geeky!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Step83 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Step83 wrote:

Yeah mine has a habit of sniffing anything that moves to much, slow blowing leaves is endless fun for her!

Verone, yeah pretty geeky, laser printed goodness from Leigh near Manc land of all places, very geeky!
    An hour walk for mine is 3 plus miles for me and 9 plus for the dog
  • pinno
    TLW1 wrote:
    Step83 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Step83 wrote:

An hour walk for mine is 3 plus miles for me and 9 plus for the dog

Yes, WE go in straight lines.
  • pinno
    ...and some people let their dog's lick their faces !! Egad.
  • Matthewfalle
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

I've just found out the SU bar won't be open tomorrow so might be working from home.

DHL - do you work/lecture on a university campus?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

Mature student?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    hive me a shout over the weekend H³ and we can sort your spoke out. Need to talk to Stevo about stuff as well. Should we meet up in a pub?
    I'm around mostly over the next couple of weeks if you want to talk second hand DH gear. I could always chuck a few pics of the gear across on Whatsapp?
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    I noticed first thing in the morning, I would let him out and he would always want to go when the cat went.
    So I followed him sneakily. It took me a few attempts but there one morning, there was this very neat pile of leaves and steam rising from it. And there was my dog; gently scraping the leaves off the top to get access to the source of the steam. :roll:
    Mine has a preference for fox s**t. Likes to roll in it as well which is really vile. Luckily he hates getting a bollocking and the full body shampoo and hose down that results from doing this so he usually thinks twice about it these days.
  • Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

Someone's gotta do it.
  • Stevo 666 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

Mature student?
    Been there, done that, fnarr
  • Matthewfalle
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

Someone's gotta do it.

cool!!!!!

Bracketeers beer session - never mind nerdy London pubs and plotting fake log ins, we're heading down the SU.

The MFs can't wait. ITS GONNA BE EPIC.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.