Best of the Forum

Vino'sGhost
Vino'sGhost Posts: 4,129
edited December 2018 in The bottom bracket
A place to list the most interesting opinion and fact exchanges on the Forum

Quite an interesting one on packing bike components to send via royal mail. its in the MTB General thread but it carries over.

Comments

• big_harv
    big_harv Posts: 512
    :lol::lol::lol:

I've been accused of trolling! I mean, take a vote chaps. Your feedback is important to me. :mrgreen:
  • Vino'sGhost
    :lol::lol:
    Big Harv wrote:

I've been accused of trolling! I mean, take a vote chaps. Your feedback is important to me. :mrgreen:

LOL Shush or this informative thread will get binned, you need to start your won "am i a troll" thread with a link to your claimed infraction.

I say NO by the way :lol::lol::lol:
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    Big Harv wrote:

Are you sitting comfortably under your bridge Harv....? :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • I just noticed this on new threads, I don't normally venture to the baggy trousered side but did provide some informed feedback to help him with the cycling related problem he has been unable to solve. I am always happy to help fellow forumites when they need it.
  • big_harv
    Commendable sir. After all we're all part of er... the BR family.

Just spotted Waitrose man in same thread. That has altered my preconceptions of MTB somewhat.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Someone should start a thread so we know when to go get some popcorn and watch things kicking off in other threads.
  • big_harv
    Someone should start a thread so we know when to go get some popcorn and watch things kicking off in other threads.

No no and thrice no. We're here to embrace all in our community.
  • thistle_
    Big Harv wrote:

Oh yeah, I forgot about that :mrgreen:
  • I do hope the guy doesn't flounce off. It would be good to help him understand why things didn't happen as he thought it should. That's a very positive contribution to this forum and is what this site is about.
  • big_harv
    Must be way past his bedtime by now. He's Joseph in his school nativity tomorrow.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Big Harv wrote:
    I think some angry types might not appreciate an embrace, however well intentioned.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,607
    We're all happy campers here, watching the spambots at work. Priorities, priorities.
  • big_harv
    Someone replied to the Spam thread immediately above this one. That young lady must surely be feeling the cold.
  • big_harv
    I was just re-reading the "what shall I do with the big cardboard box that my bike came in" dilemma. I was pleased that turned out for the best, and in an environmentally responsible way.
  • Vino'sGhost
    Big Harv wrote:
    I was just re-reading the "what shall I do with the big cardboard box that my bike came in" dilemma. I was pleased that turned out for the best, and in an environmentally responsible way.

Another day, another dolphin saved. Thats' the socially responsible, inclusive and diverse way we roll in this thread.
  • thistle_
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Big Harv wrote:
    I think some angry types might not appreciate an embrace, however well intentioned.
    Maybe something like this would help: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-46597364
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,939
    Well that was an enjoyable read. Always a delight to see a structured discussion between well balanced individuals.

The older I get, the better I was.

• Vino'sGhost
    Im looking for advice in the MTB forum, ive bought a stem and it hasnt arrived.
  • Im looking for advice in the MTB forum, ive bought a stem and it hasnt arrived.
    Clearly the vendor has stolen your money. You should phone the police.
  • Vino'sGhost
    Im looking for advice in the MTB forum, ive bought a stem and it hasnt arrived.
    Clearly the vendor has stolen your money. You should phone the police.

Im sure it just a bungled delivery :)
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,584
    I blame Merlin.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Nope! Always blame wiggle but you get free returns so all good. Can you return something if it didn't arrive?
  • Thread deleted. :(
  • Vino'sGhost
    Thread deleted. :(

I blame wiggle
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,584
    Nope! Always blame wiggle but you get free returns so all good. Can you return something if it didn't arrive?
    You missed the connection.
    Bungle had a rather hilarious (yes, another one) thread concerning a Merlin order.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Vino'sGhost
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Nope! Always blame wiggle but you get free returns so all good. Can you return something if it didn't arrive?
    You missed the connection.
    Bungle had a rather hilarious (yes, another one) thread concerning a Merlin order.

In fairness to bungle he was miffed because merlin stole his money by allowing him to order and pay on line.
    That was after the 12 year old in Halfords couldn’t work miracles.

I blame Merlin too