edited December 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

office, cafe, lab, webexes, early bail

seems very busy for crimbo, many punters gagging for gmc's attentions
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, blowing a gale and rain at the moment, so it looks like I will be doing the house work today ,before a session on therollers
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    WFH - windy out there on hound walk
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    ciao!

feel like i have drunk a million pints of Edwyn's finest although i haven't touched a drop.

#muggy
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Morning

Woke up early so went for a run before the rain arrives. It's 12 degrees at 6am in the middle of December ffs. Yesterday it was still sub zero at 8am!

Nothing else planned today, I've peaked already.

Is that thread about posting stems still going?
  • Greetings,,,
    Marking Vivas, watching youtube videos, offering sage advise on assorted threads, worrying about Brexit, more marking. Not in that order but I can imagine the first and last being held up by the rest.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning,

Rather dark this morning when I got up, I'll blame Brexit. Single verse of a Christmas song stuck in my head (thats Shaking Stevens) so trying to drown it out with A7F.

Thistle, im confused as well ice on the windscreen yesterday and heavy jacket. this morning wet leaves on the windscreen and a waterproof. Bloody make its mind up! Couple years back it as snowing now, I'm blaming Brexit for that too.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Bloody hot out. I remembered my waterproof and peaked cap for later though, so all is well.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,607
    Remarkably my excursion last night to the urban wasteland of a Costco after dark went ok. Returned unscathed laden with festive cheer and copious supplies of dried and tinned goods, heeding our "government's" example of planning for a no deal brexigeddon.

Today will be mainly getting sorted for an evening when the missus' pals and other halves, most of whom I have never met, descend on us for an evening get together nibbles and drinks. Better quality drinks will be stashed away securely and valuables replaced with Christmas themed tat.
  • hopkinb
    orraloon wrote:
    Better quality drinks will be stashed away securely

I'm a miserable git - at Christmas, there are bottles for the table (by no means Echo falls, but not the best stuff), and a hidden decanter for me of something carefully chosen.

Unfortunately, someone poured me a top up one year, ruining a glass of very good 15 year old Cornas in the process. Serves me right for being a devious sod I suppose! :oops:
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Hoppy, This is where spirits win out for me, I have a lovely bottle of Suntory Toki I tried last night highballed it lovely long drink. Plus no one will offer to top it up with some wine.
  • Won my event last night, first time I've ran an actual race rather than a timed event.

It's listed as timed but when people are heckling the front runners and everyone is giving it beams I guess that's classed as a race of sorts.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Won my event last night, first time I've ran an actual race rather than a timed event.

It's listed as timed but when people are heckling the front runners and everyone is giving it beams I guess that's classed as a race of sorts.
    what is this word "ran" of which you speak?
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,194
    Won my event last night, first time I've ran an actual race rather than a timed event.

I keep telling the silly baskets but some men you just can't reach:

viewtopic.php?f=30005&t=13101065#p20458775

I heard a rumour that the stem post thingy is somewhere in the crudder section of this forum..

Bloody wet here and bloody windy. One of the ferries tilted and shunted some vehicles together. That will be one 'interesting' insurance claim.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • thistle_
    Won my event last night, first time I've ran an actual race rather than a timed event.

Summat to do when it's raining and you don't want to get your bike dirty (guilty here too)

It is that which should not be mentioned and is a secret gatherer of knees.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Work meh from home mainly.

Coastline pic from the boat ride we did last weekend. Epic!

46366110361_1aa9789b87_k.jpg
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Work meh from home mainly.

Coastline pic from the boat ride we did last weekend. Epic!

46366110361_1aa9789b87_k.jpg
    is this the secret place of "ran"
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Afternoon folks,
    Warm and a bit windy as I wobbled in this morning, the cross wind made it more wobbly than usual. Nice to be on the bike after too much time in the car over the last few days. Just been fed by work which is good, might save my lunch until tomorrow as a result. Should really do some Christmas shopping at some point.
    I think the stem thread got deleted. I was going to ask if Bungle was on something, if not he probably should be. Copious amounts of grass might help him chill, although the paranoia might not be a good thing.
    I'm ignoring Spinner's picture, Hanworth isn't quite as picturesque.
  • pinno
    What 'picture' ?
  • thistle_
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I think the stem thread got deleted. I was going to ask if Bungle was on something, if not he probably should be. Copious amounts of grass might help him chill, although the paranoia might not be a good thing.
    Don't worry he's still posting on the lights thread, all family friendly stuff so far.
    Just been and posted the last of the Christmas cards, the post office didn't ask what was in them.
  • pinno
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Don't worry he's still posting on the lights thread, all family friendly stuff so far.
    Just been and posted the last of the Christmas cards, the post office didn't ask what was in them.

They asked me yesterday when I posted something to some obscure (probably incestuous) place in Wales and I said it was a stem.

What efficacy it has, I have no idea when one can just simply lie about the contents.
  • thistle_
    Pinno wrote:
    They asked me yesterday when I posted something to some obscure (probably incestuous) place in Wales and I said it was a stem.
    What efficacy it has, I have no idea when one can just simply lie about the contents.
    It's for customs at the border, ready for brexit and all that.
    They say they're getting rid of the toll booths on the severn bridge, but it's only so they can install checkpoints.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    ciao

sitting in a car park.

went home briefly to find tdv's in laws planting plants in my garden. i have no idea why.

apple of their eye son is due to arrive to grace us with his presence on Friday for Chrimbles so famiglia mf has been told that we have to run around like headless chickens bowing to his every whim. we may have issues in doing this.

on a brighter side, off to buy some bubbles in an attempt to get tdv squiffy tonight.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    The Sean art of seduction then MF?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    Step83 wrote:
    Single verse of a Christmas song stuck in my head (thats Shaking Stevens) so trying to drown it out with A7F.
    I had a problem with that song last weekend. Bloody car radio, I'll stick to CD form the next couple of weeks.

Christmas party tonight so there will be lots of free grog and entertainingly drunk colleagues/minions etc. We also had our office 'Secret Santa' today so I'm now wearing a badge that says 'Don't blame me I voted remain' and have a little tin piggy bank on my desk that says 'Save for when Brexit goes Brex-sh1t' :) Classy. Apart from that it's been quite busy...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Another day of toil done. Pleased to report that I have avoided all kinds of office party, drinks, secret Santa etc. The boss bought each office a tub of chocolates which is good as my office only has two of us in it. Now feeling slightly queasy. Some ales might help.
    Cheers.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • Stevo 666 wrote:
    Step83 wrote:
    Single verse of a Christmas song stuck in my head (thats Shaking Stevens) so trying to drown it out with A7F.
    I had a problem with that song last weekend. Bloody car radio, I'll stick to CD form the next couple of weeks.

Christmas party tonight so there will be lots of free grog and entertainingly drunk colleagues/minions etc. We also had our office 'Secret Santa' today so I'm now wearing a badge that says 'Don't blame me I voted remain' and have a little tin piggy bank on my desk that says 'Save for when Brexit goes Brex-sh1t' :) Classy. Apart from that it's been quite busy...
    I refuse to have any music from a radio broadcast in the car. I don't mind if it's a cd but I just despise listening to some chav idiot on the wireless. I normally just listen to radio four, winds the wife and kids up if nothing else.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Step83 wrote:

I refuse to have any music from a radio broadcast in the car. I don't mind if it's a cd but I just despise listening to some chav idiot on the wireless. I normally just listen to radio four, winds the wife and kids up if nothing else.
    Can't imagine why... :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Yay, won 2 bottles of grog in the Xmas raffle. Taylors tawny port - a bottle of 20yo and a bottle of 40yo. Sungod would be proud of me.
  • hopkinb
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Yay, won 2 bottles of grog in the Xmas raffle. Taylors tawny port - a bottle of 20yo and a bottle of 40yo. Sungod would be proud of me.
    Nice Stevo. Good win that. The 40 yr old is not a cheap bottle! As I'm sure sungod will tell you, lovely on its own, stick it in the fridge for 30 to 40 mins before serving.