2»

Comments

• kingrollo
    kingrollo Posts: 3,198
    I m calling troll thread here.
  • kingrollo wrote:
    Why is that ?
  • You’ve been rumbled. Off you pop and come up with another username. You’ve still got time before the year ends.
  • You’ve been rumbled. Off you pop and come up with another username. You’ve still got time before the year ends.
    Sorry I don't know what you're on about. I genuinly came here for a piece of advice on how different a TCR would be compared to a defy because I am not keen on disc brakes mainly for maintenance reason.
    I owe an alloy defy and I don't see the point of getting another alloy version of it, mine is fine. If I can get the upgrade with a decent buy back deal from giant, I will go carbon. Now you seem to say that carbon is no more confy than alloy...I've mostly heard the other way round (depending on the bike model).
  • TCR does not seem to be what I am after (Fast and confy bike). I guess I have to inquire a bit more re disc brakes and get convinced
  • kingrollo
    kingrollo Posts: 3,198
    Knobrider wrote:
    kingrollo wrote:
    Why is that ?

Because the answers are quite simply

1.Contend with Rim Brakes - as quoting yourself "I wish they still did with Defy with rim brakes" - They do its called the contend.

2.If you want a Carbon Defy - they only come with disc brakes (So thats a 'no' as you have said you don't want disk brakes)

3.People have suggested other manufacturers Trek/Spesh who do rim braked carbon - you have dismissed these as they have extra comfort innovations (go figure ???)

4.Then you are quibbling about the rolling resistance of 28mm /25mm - which is nominal and can be swapped out for about £50

FWIW - comfort comes from the shape of the frame and how it fits you rather than what it is made of. IMO if the frame geometries are equal carbon would give a smoother ride.

The carbon/sportive/rim brake combo is perhaps the common bike on sale - if you are struggling for options with that criteria you're thinking on this purchase is out of whack.
  • Well, reason why I dismissed other brands is because I am talking about a giant deal. I Could swap my alloy defy with a brand new carbon frame giant cheaper than the actual price. Since I am not keen on disc brakes for road bikes, I inquired about the TCR. Now I am only asking and open to disc brakes if the the TCR does not meet mty requirements.
    So call it a troll thread if you want.
  • kingrollo wrote:
    Knobrider wrote:
    kingrollo wrote:
    Why is that ?

1.Contend with Rim Brakes - as quoting yourself "I wish they still did with Defy with rim brakes" - They do its called the contend.

2.If you want a Carbon Defy - they only come with disc brakes (So thats a 'no' as you have said you don't want disk brakes)

3.People have suggested other manufacturers Trek/Spesh who do rim braked carbon - you have dismissed these as they have extra comfort innovations (go figure ???)

4.Then you are quibbling about the rolling resistance of 28mm /25mm - which is nominal and can be swapped out for about £50

FWIW - comfort comes from the shape of the frame and how it fits you rather than what it is made of. IMO if the frame geometries are equal carbon would give a smoother ride.

The carbon/sportive/rim brake combo is perhaps the common bike on sale - if you are struggling for options with that criteria you're thinking on this purchase is out of whack.

There's also the blatant fact that he's milemuncher or one of the other fuds with multiple accounts looking for a rise.
  • kingrollo wrote:
    Knobrider wrote:
    kingrollo wrote:
    Why is that ?

There's also the blatant fact that he's milemuncher or one of the other fuds with multiple accounts looking for a rise.

Really you don't have to participate to this thread. Why don't you go for a ride ?
  • dj58
    dj58 Posts: 2,219
    I'm assuming the OP is genuine, I think what the he means is that he wished that Giant still made the carbon rim braked Defy bikes. I would hazard a guess that he is not based in the UK.
  • DJ58 wrote:
    I'm assuming the OP is genuine, I think what the he means is that he wished that Giant still made the carbon rim braked Defy bikes. I would hazard a guess that he is not based in the UK.
    Spot on. Thanks.