iPhone repair

greasedscotsman
greasedscotsman Posts: 6,962
edited December 2018 in The cake stop
My iPhone 6 died this morning, completely dead, tried all the online fixes, none of which have worked. I have something else to use in the meantime, might even just get something else to replace it. But as there are some photos and video on it which I hadn't backed up, I might see if I can get it repaired. But which is best, to take it back to Apple or one of the independent high street stores.

Comments

• pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,737
    Apple are definitely over priced but on the other hand, when I took my 5s in for a battery replacement they gave me a replacement phone for the price of the battery. A gamble which may pay off, or may not.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,479
    I got my screen replaced slightly cheaper in a back street shop but it was never quite right afterwards (loose fitting). I hate the Apple Store but wished I'd paid the extra there. I was also a bit wary that the shop I went to may have hacked into my details while it was left with them.
  • Pross wrote:
    I got my screen replaced slightly cheaper in a back street shop but it was never quite right afterwards (loose fitting). I hate the Apple Store but wished I'd paid the extra there. I was also a bit wary that the shop I went to may have hacked into my details while it was left with them.

Where on earth did you take it?
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,479
    Pross wrote:

Where on earth did you take it?

Some back street shop in Plymouth. Apple could give me an appointment about 3 days later!