Saturday brest wishes

thistle_
thistle_ Posts: 7,121
edited December 2018 in The bottom bracket
'Ning

Heatwave still hasn't arrived, maybe later, with the rain.
As usual I finish work for Christmas and come down with some lurgy.

If pinno is quick, there's a bg picture in the commuter bargains thread, not sure how long that will last. It has been screenshotted for reference.
Edit: I see it's already been brought to the attention of the relevant people in the BG thread :mrgreen:

Comments

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,433
    'ning

awaiting dawn for a nippy ride, i foresee a mince pie in the near future
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Today’s beers and bikes is just beers :(
  • big_harv
    big_harv Posts: 512
    One of our local pubs has the excellent idea of a breakfast service. Which is where we're heading shortly. No cycling today sadly.
  • tlw1
    oxoman wrote:
    Morning All, Parkrun beckons unless the safety wallahs stop it on grounds it's to icy. Very cool outside.
    Also been roped into doing the parkrun, current wife obviously doesn’t realise how much I drank last night
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    ciao

persisting down and gale force winds. hideous out there. will drink coffee and make plans.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    soooooo ill. think i may die. edwyn's sh1t homebrew has come back to haunt me.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921

Can't be that bad a hangover otherwise you would be hoping to die.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Ballysmate wrote:

This is very true.
    oxoman wrote:
    Morning All, Parkrun beckons unless the safety wallahs stop it on grounds it's to icy. Very cool outside. Retail therapy with the OH later and possibly the youngest as well.
    TLW1 wrote:
    Also been roped into doing the parkrun, current wife obviously doesn’t realise how much I drank last night

This has to stop.
    I mean, talk about anything - cars, brests, curry muffins, pineapple but running?! ffs.

Bloody windy here.
    Hoping to get some peace soon and a sesh on the rollers.
    Might have more coffee.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    oxoman wrote:
    Park run is all about chasing the female people a more curvaceous figure. Better than nursing a hangover or stressing over Christmas and brexit.
    None in front of me disappointment offset by watching t1ts bouncing as they approach the finish line. Some were women too
  • Matthewfalle
    Ballysmate wrote:

feels like someone has scrubbed the back of my eyes with a wire brush covered in poo.

slumped on the couch with The Hound summoning up energy to go and give myself a haircut. i always believe that giving yourself a haircut whilst massively hungover and not able to see properly is the best way to look your best to impress young petit bob haired blondes.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    ...the best way to look your best to impress young petit bob haired blondes.

I think a hair cut is immaterial. It's the dribbling out of the side of your mouth that puts them off.
  • Matthewfalle
    Pinno wrote:
    ...the best way to look your best to impress young petit bob haired blondes.

I think a hair cut is immaterial. It's the dribbling out of the side of your mouth that puts them off.

its ok - i've gaffa taped an old yoghurt pot to my chin to catch the dribble so it doesn't get on my t shirt and and dry and make me look like i've jizzed on myself.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,162
    Lie in till nearly 10 - good start. Running round town getting Christmas stuff and stopped off for a coffee and bacon sarnie at my favourite caff.

Headed over to Crystal Palace later to pick up Stropteens Christmas pressie. Place I'm picking up from is right next to Palace football ground and they're playing at home today. That'll be a fun trip unless I go late enough to eat into lounging and drinking time :roll:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Morning all.
    Disgusting weather so am not going anywhere. Decorations out the loft, now getting festive. Which means having a beer or two while I watch Mrs BBGeek put them up and I stand by offering a critical perspective.
    MF, I always find that Guinness with a slosh of port in it gets a hangover gone in short order. Then if you bin the stout and continue with the port all will be good.
    Or: port, brandy and champagne at 20:20:60 ratio will kickstart the day.
    Remember to enjoy responsibly folks.
    Onward to domestic mundanity. Laters.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • Matthewfalle
    Morning all.
    Disgusting weather so am not going anywhere. Decorations out the loft, now getting festive. Which means having a beer or two while I watch Mrs BBGeek put them up and I stand by offering a critical perspective.
    MF, I always find that Guinness with a slosh of port in it gets a hangover gone in short order. Then if you bin the stout and continue with the port all will be good.
    Or: port, brandy and champagne at 20:20:60 ratio will kickstart the day.
    Remember to enjoy responsibly folks.
    Onward to domestic mundanity. Laters.

sounds good but have decided to canulate myself and get some some fluids in that way.

also means that i can wear my "i am ill" dressing gown and walk around swinging the fluids bottle around and snagging the lines on things like an escapee from a zombie old people's home.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    I used to like wheeling around on the drip stands like a skate board and at the Hammersmith, there was a level change to the bottom of the ward, it was yeehaa.
    I used to source the 5 spar wheeled stand as it was more stable but one of the nurses clocked me and gave me a lecture about pulling my Hickman line out accidentally, so that ended that particular fun.
  • Matthewfalle
    i used to work in the women's and children's hospital in melbourne and was known as "the one who skateboards arounds the wards".

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • tlw1
    i used to work in the women's and children's hospital in melbourne and was known as "the perv who skateboards arounds the wards".
    EFA
  • Wonder which will last longer: BB or MFs hangover?
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • tlw1
    Wonder which will last longer: BB or MFs hangover?
    It’s the afternoon - MF needs to get on the ale again
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Walked the dog before it got horrible, cleaner has been. Mini is off to a friend for a sleepover. Now making a big pot of tea and breaking out the mince pies. Hunkering down for the afternoon. Got to help decorate the tree and do some present wrapping later.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    Made it back from Brum intact, bloody horrible drive so glad we left fairly early. Fookin’ cold out and even worse wandering round the Christmas markets last night. Kept the cold at bay by drinking beer, mulled wine may be warm but it’s all kinds of wrong. Why would you heat wine and then add the scrapings of the devil’s jock strap to it?
    Girl has her first driving lesson tomorrow, yikes!
  • Veronese68 wrote:
    Afternoon folks,
    Made it back from Brum intact, bloody horrible drive so glad we left fairly early. Fookin’ cold out and even worse wandering round the Christmas markets last night. Kept the cold at bay by drinking beer, mulled wine may be warm but it’s all kinds of wrong. Why would you heat wine and then add the scrapings of the devil’s jock strap to it?
    Girl has her first driving lesson tomorrow, yikes!
    Was in a pub yesterday and they were advertising mulled wine: alcoholic and alcohol-free. What kind of maniac would drink alcohol-free mulled wine? The booze is the only thing making that stuff at all worth drinking.
    Reckon your kid will be alright, IME women make better students as they pay more attention. Fingers crossed anyway.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • Matthewfalle
    TLW1 wrote:
    Wonder which will last longer: BB or MFs hangover?
    It’s the afternoon - MF needs to get on the ale again

feel like sh1t. pains have moved from head to stomach. need a steak baguette with garlic and some red wine.

i reckon BB will storm through this while i'm still whimpering in the weak corner.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'noon

Got a bombproof tyre, hopefully. Bike's all shiny ready to get filthy again tomorrow. Need to increase my stockpile of spares, like Vittoria Paves and brake pads as the bike seems to be eating through them.

We popped in to the Christmas market thing they've put on in town this year which was surprisingly nice - decent sized, not too busy and mostly local shops/companies there. And reindeer.
  • Stevo_666
    edited December 2018
    Made it in and out of the wastelands of Selhurst Park without getting mugged or losing my car wheels, so that's a result :) Might crack a cider open soon.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo 666 wrote:
    Made in an out of the wastelands of Selhurst Park without getting mugged or losing my car wheels, so that's a result :) Might crack a cider open soon.
    3 or 4 vehicle snatch squad?
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • pinno
    'noon

Got a bombproof tyre...

You did! What did you get?
  • Stevo_666
    i
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Made in an out of the wastelands of Selhurst Park without getting mugged or losing my car wheels, so that's a result :) Might crack a cider open soon.
    3 or 4 vehicle snatch squad?
    Just me - I was feeling brave. Palace won so the local zomboids were quite placid, I just had to shuffle along and look vacant to avoid detection.
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    ...I just had to shuffle along and look vacant to avoid detection.

Shuffling and looking vacant comes naturally to you and you weren't in Chelsea apparel, so I am confused.