secretsqizz Posts: 424
edited December 2018 in The bottom bracket
Disturbing even for me
Screen-Shot-12-14-18-at-06-35-PM.png
My pen won't write on the screen

Comments

• Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    and thats the kind of forum we don't want to be part of.

#cycleclubbore
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Wonder how the thread went? There are at least three pages. If anyone can be arsed to read them and précis, please report back.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • big_harv
    big_harv Posts: 512
    Wonder how the thread went? There are at least three pages. If anyone can be arsed to read them and précis, please report back.

4 now.
    I can't summarise it because it's so fr1kkng dull. Apparently they like him over there. Good.
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Wonder how the thread went? There are at least three pages. If anyone can be arsed to read them and précis, please report back.

Like most other threads on there, it probably went off topic and they ended up talking about gardening, or something.
  • They are infiltrating this site already, everyone needs to be on their guard
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Isn't racing roadkill Imposter's mate? :)
  • Vino'sGhost
    Vino'sGhost Posts: 4,129
    i have read all 4 pages,

Summary

1 take the piss out of flange op
    2 go down complex grammar nazi funnel
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    The standard response is Pictures or or didn't happen.
    But in this instance, please spare us.
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Latest missive from our friend, over on Cyclechat. I felt this was worthy of a wider audience...
    There is a purpose to having tyres with ‘tread’ on the shoulders ( it’s not tread, it’s not there to enhance grip, or move water ) with the arrow pointing in the correct direction. It’s there to make sure that the manufacturers ‘power’ spec is applicable. The Q.A. compliance people don’t like it if a tyre’s spec can’t be matched in the real world. The ‘tread’ is an aerodynamic / fluid dynamic device, to ensure any aero drag caused by the tyre is minimised. Air against air / water against water is less draggy than rubber against air, or rubber against water, so the ‘tread’ is there to trap air / water as the tyre rotates, which reduces drag, and gives the manufacturer something which helps them ‘prove’ their figures. With a slick tyre the arrow points so that the tyre rolls in the direction that the tread was laid onto the carcass. The boundary between the carcass and the tread is not actually perfectly uniformly flat, it’s ever so slightly ‘pear shaped’, in order to keep the tyres performance as ‘per spec’ the tyre should roll from the bulb to the tail, on each rotation ( this is also the case with ‘patterned / treaded tyres, but the pattern overrides the tread / carcass interface issue with patterned tyres) All of this is of little real world consequence, but compliance / Q.A. are a pain in the butt, and need stuff like this to keep them quiet

Posted around lunchtime, so he's clearly been drinking...
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    I normally don't bother to weigh in, as the bloke clearly has issues, but that is top grade gibberish. I reckon he's on crack, or some other powerful nervous system stimulant.