Freeride/Enduro/All MTB

dannywaugh1
dannywaugh1 Posts: 331
edited December 2018 in MTB general
HI all,

So I have been out to of the loop since 2008, then I had a demo 8 but before that a sx trail. I know them to be downhill and freeride bikes.

Now trying to get back into riding again I'm looking to build another bike but seems some things has changed. Freeride? has this changed into enduro all mountain? What am I getting wrong?

Comments

• robertpb
    robertpb Posts: 1,866
    It would probably be more helpfull if you said what you expect to ride. After 10 years your priorities may have changed.
    Now where's that "Get Out of Crash Free Card"
  • Your right that would help lol

Mainly trail riding not xc I have been looking at the specialized Enduro
  • robertpb
    Sounds like a Bird Aeris AM9 would be right up your street, can build the bike up to your spec and a lot better value than the Enduro.
  • Thanks I will take a look, still able to throw it around on the trails jumps and descents?
  • robertpb
    Frame comes with a transferable lifetime waranty, that tells you all you need to know.
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    What is your budget?
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • budget for whole bike build is £3k 3.5k
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    For that budget I would have a serious look at a Bird Aeris 145 (or the AM9 if you think 29" wheels will suit your intended use) or something like the Giant Trance 1 if you want to buy from one of the big manufacturers.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • Iv just seen the 145/145lt on the site and I think iv fell in love. What a nice bike! Thinking about booking a demo ride.
  • Santa Cruz 5010C
    Deviate Guide
    Specialized Sequoia Elite
    Pivot Mach 429SL
    Trek Madone 5.2 Di2
    Salsa Mukluk Carbon
    Specialized Turbo Levo Expert 29er