my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,874
    Whitewater rafting today, should be nice and warm
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,155
    'Ning

Holding it down here. Must be soggy out because the parkrun organisers were telling people to wear trail shoes or don't bother. Might do some indoor cycling.

Bikes need cleaning again.

Need to sort a fancy dress costume for next week, an aero one.
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, blowing a gale and raining, so another indoor ride to be on the safe side , just need to nip to Tesco’s before it gets busy,
    Have a good weekend
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,573
    Slow start here - got up at 10 after a late episode of Dads taxi last night. Stressbag is out walking the dog and Stropteen is still in bed.

Had some brekkie so will crack on with jobs shortly. Stropteens first driving lesson awaits later, so should be interesting. Will sit her in my car and show her what the pedals are for etc beforehand. Out for dinner with the cousin tonight.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    hideous out there. having a curry for brunch then domestic chores.

sigh.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,374
    Usual Saturday. No Pineapples here, It's dull. May go on the rollers later.
    OH and toots will be away which leaves me in peace.

I guess having a minimum (sustainable?) alcohol percentage in the blood stream helps in cold water. I wonder if Blue Nun is the preferred pre-kayaking tipple?

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Matthewfalle
    bbq fully cleaned and ready to be put away once its cooled down.

motorbike top cowling dremelled and ready for headlight brackets attachment.

bambino chilled out.

the hound asleep.

all good here.

time to assemble time trial bike onto turbo trainer to be used once before i remember how boring it is.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • big_harv
    big_harv Posts: 512
    Newly born pup is ready for our first visit this afternoon. Have to sober up really quickly, as the breeder called when Little Harv and I were on a lunchtime jolly. Might have a nap and chug some H2O. Oh, and have a shave.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,155
    18 minutes ride out this morning, 28 minutes to ride back due to the wind.
    Front door dismantled, cleaned and greased so now it locks and unlocks without feeling like the handle's about to snap.
    time to assemble time trial bike onto turbo trainer to be used once before i remember how boring it is.
    You can always take it out for an outside ride in the wind and rain and mud if you need some excitement :twisted:
  • Matthewfalle
    18 minutes ride out this morning, 28 minutes to ride back due to the wind.
    Front door dismantled, cleaned and greased so now it locks and unlocks without feeling like the handle's about to snap.
    You can always take it out for an outside ride in the wind and rain and mud if you need some excitement :twisted:

full disc rear 80 front with 22mm tubs @ 150psi here we come!

can someone come and pick me up from hospital please.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    as an aside, headlight brackets now glued on. lets see if it all works on Monday - 48 hours should be long enough for it all to bond.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Evening, bike faffing done, garage alarm, done, plant things tucked away for winter and patio set put away. All in time it to just start getting dark. Oh an fetched in some logs for the fire.

Quiet evening planned an some pedalling in the morrow.
  • oxoman wrote:
    Morning Enjoy your days out SG and TLW. I'm about to get on a coach with OH to go to York for Christmas market and whatever else I'm ordered to attend. No driving so maybe alcohol involved. We will be the youngest by along way on the coach I suspect.
    House of Trembling Madness?
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • Alright, lads and lasses?
    Busy old day here in BBGeek acres. Shopping done, syphon in lav fixed (love clean water plumbing). Beer and pork scratchings consumed, pizza base made, bread also made (Mrs BBGeek makes great bread), stew made, and! Caught up with IACGMOOH! Loving Emily’s freckles, but Harry to win.
    Porter for stew gone, more ale to find.
    Local Xmas fayre tomorrow, mulled wine is promised from midday...
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,573
    Off out this evening thankfully. Been planning a Christmas trip to Cambridge so that Stropteen and Stressbag can look around colleges there while I amuse the hound.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    Rafting was intense, thank god for all that rain recently, made it lots of fun and then we finished in the centre of Llangollen. Pub lunch and lots of pints as it was the current wife Xmas party, now off to the local
  • Matthewfalle
    TLW1 wrote:
    Rafting was intense, thank god for all that rain recently, made it lots of fun and then we finished in the centre of Llangollen. Pub lunch and lots of pints as it was the current wife Xmas party, now off to the local

That sounds like a top day. May it continue!

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,336
    Evening folks,
    Day of pottering with a bit of other shizzle. Plumber came over this morning, he’d fixed the boiler a few weeks ago and had to come back to finish servicing it. All done and I’m 400 notes lighter. Ouch!
    The sh!t that has been the latter half of 2018 continues. Found out a neighbour popped her clogs the other day. Another funeral to go to, same day as another one. I’m now going to 3 of the fokkers in a week! FFS! 2019 can only be better surely.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,374
    Good luck next year VN. 2018 will soon be gone.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    Pinno wrote:
    Good luck next year VN. 2018 will soon be gone.
    Plus potato