Will SRAM Red 11sp rear derailleur work with Force 10sp shifters?

Johnthomas
Johnthomas Posts: 12
edited December 2018 in Workshop
Hi All.
I have a Sram 10sp set up currently (10sp Force shifters and Red short cage rear derralieur) and I am looking to fit a Red 11sp medium derralieur. Will this work with the current 10 Sp shifters? (I am looking to fit this to change to 32 teeth cassette for an Alps trip) Any advice appreciated?

Comments

• Yes
  • Thanks for your response ref the the rear derralieur. Do you have this setup and have you had any trouble?
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    it will work perfect.

sram have designed all their road mechs and road shifters to be compatible through all speed ranges - ie 10 with 10, 10/11, 11/11, 11/10.

https://www.bikeradar.com/gear/article/ ... urs-48460/

mtb: not so much.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • I run a Force 11 speed medium cage rear and an 11 speed yaw front with 10 speed shifters, I’ve swapped the Wifli between bikes running Red 10 and Rival 10 in the past without issue.

As MF said SRAM Road are all backward compatible.
  • Thank you all for the advice. I am visiting the Alps next year and am keen to run 32t cassette and therefore need a medium cage rear mech to replace the short cage currently fitted but didn't want to spend a fortune changing everything. Appreciate your advice.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    remember to use sram 1.1mm cables and not generic 1.2mm to get the shifting as good as possible and installation as easy as.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.