virtual top tube length

pe1ter
pe1ter Posts: 169
edited November 2018 in Road buying advice
im on the verge of buying the vitus energie cx bike from wiggle the size guide on there says for my height i would suit a large with virtual top tube length of 585cm and also the xl with virtual top tube length of 600mm im 5ft 11 with 32 inseam my road bikes haveclways been 56cm i spoke to wiggle live chat and they said im in between sizes i would be ok on both my question is the virtual top tube length pretty much thecsame as the actual length if so the xl frame would be miles to big wouldnt it

Comments

• arlowood
    arlowood Posts: 2,561
    pe1ter wrote:
    im on the verge of buying the vitus energie cx bike from wiggle the size guide on there says for my height i would suit a large with virtual top tube length of 585cm and also the xl with virtual top tube length of 600mm im 5ft 11 with 32 inseam my road bikes haveclways been 56cm i spoke to wiggle live chat and they said im in between sizes i would be ok on both my question is the virtual top tube length pretty much thecsame as the actual length if so the xl frame would be miles to big wouldnt it

Might be worth contacting @bendertherobot by PM. He bought one earlier this year and may be able to comment on the sizing

viewtopic.php?t=13089584

He is a bit shorter than you (5'9" and 31" inseam) and he went for the 54 frame. With your figures I'm sure you would be fine with the next size up to his (L or 56 or whatever) To my mind a 585mm virtual top tube seems big. Maybe you can copy and paste the full geometry details for reference purposes
  • You’re the same size as me and I’m between sizes too - but between 54 and 56 (med and lge). My bikes are between a 545 and 560 VTT with stems chosen to make them all fit about the same.

I wouldn’t go near an xl at your size. The large sounds too big too!
  • foggymike wrote:
    I wouldn’t go near an xl at your size. The large sounds too big too!

Couldn't agree more - I think an XL with a 585 VTT will be massive for you.

Can you check stack and reach figures for your current bike vs. the Vitus?
  • I reckon you’ll be between the Medium and Large, you’re the same height and leg as me, and I’d be either M or L. M will probably give a more responsive ride, L would be more relaxed.
  • The frame reach looks huge on these bikes, but maybe that is offset by a short stem?

My Cube is 388mm reach and 610mm stack with 110mm stem, I'm 5'10" with ~32" cycling inseam.
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • pe1ter
    pe1ter Posts: 169
    yeh thats what i thiught the reach on the large is 407mm but on my cube 56cm its alot shorter but the stem in the cube is long where as the stem on vitus are short