Bike Insurance options

Collywobbles
Collywobbles Posts: 9
edited November 2018 in Road general
Hi All, I have recently treated myself to a new bike. It is worth over £3K and I am considering insurance for once.
Any one have any recommendations, occasional races but mostly just cycling for pleasure and some commuting.
Cheers.

Comments

• cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Household insurance.

Do you mean racing or just sportives ?
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,746
    Pedalcover.
    Google it.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Just sportives really, tried google and yes lots of similar stuff. Just looking if any one in particular was happy with a certain provider. Cheers.
  • big_harv
    big_harv Posts: 512
    Promise me you will read the policy summary which you will get, by law, before you buy.

Because, well because this is my job and occasionally I would like to murderise the great British public.

Best wishes
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,746
    Just sportives really, tried google and yes lots of similar stuff. Just looking if any one in particular was happy with a certain provider. Cheers.
    Your collies are wobbling. Yeah, Pedalcover. ^^^^^^^^^^
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,674
    Have a look at Bikmo. Though my and missus' bikes are on our household insurance extension (LV).

Depends on your risk profile; e.g. our good bikes don't get left anywhere, when we are out always are with bikes, and at cafe stops one of us stays with them. Going into town for drinks or that we use the hacks. And we don't cycle commute to leave bikes locked up for hours.