Wednesday, Stockholm syndrome

hopkinb
hopkinb Posts: 7,129
edited November 2018 in The bottom bracket
Off to Heathrow in the back of a cab. Early flight to Stockholm awaits me. No lounge bubbly for me.

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Poor hobkinb :(

Cycling into a local branch to dump my bike for a service, it will be dirtier than Jordon by the time it gets there

Later is the first on many events for the eldest birthday, with dinner out with his grandma - going to be an expensive week
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning , raining cats and dogs here ok its raining, I have to go back to the opticians some time today, I forgot to take a 50% off a second pair of glasses voucher with me the other day,
    And by the look of it indoor cycling again,
    enjoy your trip hobkinb
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    'ning
    hopkinb wrote:
    Off to Heathrow in the back of a cab. Early flight to Stockholm awaits me. No lounge bubbly for me.
    tut tut, i thought you finance types had this sort of thing under control

weather looks nasty, off to office, coffee, lab, webexes
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,158
    hopkinb wrote:
    Hoppy, it's late November and you've managed to pick a trip to a place that's even colder and dingier than here :) Don't worry though, the when it comes to tax the Swedes are more of a pushover than a one legged girl. And don't walk into lamp posts when you're rubbernecking over there.

Into the office to deal with tax stuff and minions - unfortunately neither are Swedish.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Morning
    Good pedal into the office today, I think the tailwind helped. I think my bike's arrived at the office cleaner than when it left home as the spray has washed some of the mud off.
    Currently watching the guy outside seeing how many wheelie bins he can get on the tail lift of his van.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    ciao

utterly gopping here so into the gym then work then osteopath then night shift thing then home.

H3: enjoy Stockholm. Remember we need pictures to brighten our days.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • tlw1
    Morning
    Good pedal into the office today, I think the tailwind helped.
    I was going in the opposite directions :( and worse, not cycling home
  • Morning All
    I don't think I will ever form a bond with my captors at work. I might escape later, though.
    Happy hump day, everyone.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    oxoman wrote:
    Morning, currently contemplating chasing 4 legged member of family around the garden for a sample for the sodding vet.

Gaffer tape a plastic bag to his rear end?

Hoppy - go get yourself a few pints of real Guinness here (and some nosh\:

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restauran ... kholm.html

...and then go on a pub crawl in Gamla Stan but don't fall in the sea. Although brackish, it's bit chilly at this time of year.

Ditto gopping here. Meh.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Where's HaydenM?
    Has a tree fallen on his head? Perhaps that'll teach him for shouting at them.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • 2 days of small people running around the house and several bottles of wine mean I'm not at my best today.

Fillet steak rossini for lunch with some rosemary potatoes :)
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Matthewfalle

oh my dizzy aunt - at this moment in time that sounds perfection.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • tlw1

oh my dizzy aunt - at this moment in time that sounds perfection.
    Hell yeah
  • I was thinking of bringing one of those 250ml bottles of red wine into work to have with it but as I have red wine induced fuzz as it is it might not be the best idea.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning (barely) damp here lots of rain overnight, WFW today thought I should make an effort so drove in been hacking my lungs up most of the morning so everyones giving me a wide berth which means its quiet.

Delivery turned up wit ha new cassette an bits so more toys for the weekend.

HD, you getting us all steak yeah?
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    How long do you give a webex before giving up?
    So far I've had someone singing softly to me, toddlers reading to me, tapping of keyboards but the meeting I'm meant to be in still doesn't seem to have started.
  • Step83 wrote:

HD, you getting us all steak yeah?

Why not, I'm just tucking in now and it's a lot better than a salad :lol:
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Oh and just for the legals on here, this in no way implies that I'm buying 28 steak dinners...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    Filthy conditions so stuck indoors again, without the benefit of steak or red wine so far, in 250ml size or larger. Admin stuff, house insurance renewed with same company for better deal that originally offered. Tick.

Right then, on to the rest of that day. Perhaps I'll go fishing again and see if bait gets nibbled by a super-sensitive soul.
  • Stevo_666
    Yay, minion has just accepted my counter offer and is very grateful. So can get back to putting jealous tw@ts back in their boxes :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • step83
    Oh and just for the legals on here, this in no way implies that I'm buying 28 steak dinners...

Dammit!

"Storm Diana" is in what can be classed as full effect I think down here, stiff breeze has blown all the water fowl to one side of the lake. No trampolines, wheelie bins or felled trees I'm aware of. Onwards to pub later me thinks.
  • Matthewfalle
    just back from osteo - my body is officially fecked. its a bit worrying when even the osteo starts laughing at you and tells you perhaps its time for some surgery and a new job.

then again, after an hour of her doing her stuff i feel a brazilian times better.

now sitting in a car park before going back to work then onward to more work.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Step83 wrote:
    Oh and just for the legals on here, this in no way implies that I'm buying 28 steak dinners...

Dammit!

"Storm Diana" is in what can be classed as full effect I think down here, stiff breeze has blown all the water fowl to one side of the lake. No trampolines, wheelie bins or felled trees I'm aware of. Onwards to pub later me thinks.

agree re storm - sky is very black and making some very bad noises.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Yay, minion has just accepted my counter offer and is very grateful. So can get back to putting jealous tw@ts back in their boxes :)

any pics of any norks?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • step83
    Step83 wrote:

Dammit!

agree re storm - sky is very black and making some very bad noises.

Its not a storm in Bucks for sure just a little windy, think its meant to be worst for wales an the north from what I gather.
  • Its black here now, but that might just be because it's dark.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:

any pics of any norks?
    Not sure his norks are that impressive. Unfortunately norky minion is still leaving.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Unfortunately norky minion is still leaving.
    No harm can come of you trying to get pictures then. :mrgreen:

Busy day, visiting the old dear then pub for me.
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Luckily blonde Polish minion and cute Singaporean minion are staying :twisted:
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Luckily blonde Polish minion and cute Singaporean minion are staying :twisted:
    Are those the chaps you play football with?