Forum home Road cycling forum The bottom bracket

May,s Manic Monday, probably.

oxomanoxoman Posts: 9,447
edited November 2018 in The bottom bracket
Morning All sleepy heads, last day for 2 wks and conspiring to break up last remaining work time this year with remainder of holiday. Suspect someone maybe fending censored of within the party today trying to sell BS to them. Looking dark and damp outside so take it steady folks, happy Monday.
Too many bikes according to Mrs O.

• tlw1tlw1 Posts: 19,681
    Meh, Monday

Offices far away and meetings all day don’t inspire leaping out of bed.

Later is running club if I get back in time
  • lincolndavelincolndave Posts: 9,376
    Morning, just got a good soaking whilst out walking Tigger, it looks like it’s rain forecast for most of the week, back to the opticians today
    Have a good week
  • sungodsungod Posts: 13,637
    'ning

after much fun in the lab over the last couple of weeks setting up new shiny shiny, am off to eu land to have a natter with gmc punter about one of their gmc punters that we're about to do stuff for in site of them being barking

suspect that i shall eat and drink too much, just had some bubbly, helps start the week off the right way
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • thistle_thistle_ Posts: 5,301
    Morning

Felt the urge to ride all the way to work for some reason which hurt, and it rained. Going home will be fun.
    Need some food, and to find something to keep me busy (or at least look busy).
  • MatthewfalleMatthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    ciao

cold here and my knees and back hurt like hurty things. ouch.

apart from that, nice and chilled. recognise the need for more bicycling so will get negotiation plan ready to approach tdv if/when she turns up.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 46,019
    Had a good ride in despite waking up far too early fopr some unknown reason.

The good news is that after some Brexit-like negotiations with the EPO I now have some potential dates to go skiing early next year - yay. Currently seeing whether the usual suspects (skiing buddies) can accommodate Strifeys demands...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
    punter has called in a sickie, shame as he's a laugh, oh well, back here next week anyway

decided to order tartare and a large beer, then try to get my flight changed to the morning
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 24,355 Lives Here
    Afternoon folks,
    Busy in here as my beautiful assistant has also pulled a sickie, this means I have to do my own admin which is unfortunate. Drove in as the wife needed to get in and she is still hobbling so can't walk very far. This is annoying as it looks like being the driest day of the week. Thursday will probably be dry as I have to drive then as well. Tartare and a beer sounds like a bloody good idea. I just had salami and brie baguette and a piece of walnut cake. Might treat myself to a cup of tea soon.
    Onwards and upwards...
  • thistle_thistle_ Posts: 5,301
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Afternoon folks,
    Busy in here as my beautiful assistant has also pulled a sickie, this means I have to do my own admin which is unfortunate. Drove in as the wife needed to get in and she is still hobbling so can't walk very far. This is annoying as it looks like being the driest day of the week. Thursday will probably be dry as I have to drive then as well.
    Do they make those tagalong things for adults?
    huzzah! flight changed to morning, not the early one though, allowed plenty of time for brekkie :D

time for a stroll i think, beer having a soporific effect
    like dragging?
  • oxomanoxoman Posts: 9,447
    Just buy a family tandem
    Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
    sungod wrote:
    like dogging?

eh? i thought that was all about whankking in car parks?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
    as an aside, i'm sitting in a car park but neither dogging or whankking.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinnopinno Posts: 42,048
    Chilly but sunny. Perfect day for a wobble but I has been mowstly excavating...
    The novelty of a jack hammer wear off in about... 3 minutes.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • as an aside, i'm sitting in a car park but neither dogging or whankking.
    Good to see you are not going to break the conditions of your Sexual Harm Prevention Order, MF.
    Work am was rubbish, as every email I sent on Friday was not delivered. Waste of a morning resending stuff what will be ignored anyway, but one has to cover one’s back.
    Brief and well-done funeral service this afternoon for one of the village old boys. Sadly his brother didn’t make it due to a fall yesterday. Fear I may be going to another service soon (hope not, but I think our debauched visits to beer festivals are long gone).
    Readying myself for Victoria C-M on Only Connect in a minute. This won’t do my blood pressure much good. Might have another beaker of red.
    Keep your heads down, and remember, never volunteer for anything.
    Ecrasez l’infame
    just watching the worst french actor in the world who looks nothing like Churchill playing Churchill. its brilliant.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • just watching the worst french actor in the world who looks nothing like Churchill playing Churchill. its brilliant.
    Woss the fillum? Would it be like Tim Spall doing de Gaulle?
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • pinnopinno Posts: 42,048
    just watching the worst french actor in the world who looks nothing like Churchill playing Churchill. its brilliant.

That's a clever analogy. You have failed to kill off your remaining brain cells.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!

its one of those ww2 documentaries that are on perpetual loop on french tv.

they think its good enough to give any bloke a cigar and tell him to talk slowly and boom - le voila. Winston Churchill.

Age, size, hair, looks, height - nah, don't worry about that, mec - they'll never notice.

Same principle would have been using Eddie Izzard as Monty's double in N Africa ......

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Pinno wrote:

That's a clever analogy. You have failed to kill off your remaining brain cells.
    Ta Pinno, not enough cider over the summer to destroy brain. Will regroup over winter.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • just watching the worst french actor in the world who looks nothing like Churchill playing Churchill. its brilliant.

they think its good enough to give any bloke a cigar and tell him to talk slowly and boom - le voila. Winston Churchill.

Age, size, hair, looks, height - nah, don't worry about that, mec - they'll never notice.

Same principle would have been using Eddie Izzard as Monty's double in N Africa ......
    I know exactly what you mean. France has three actors and they do everything. No wonder most of them move abroad. What a place.
    Ecrasez l’infame

I know exactly what you mean. France has three actors and they do everything. No wonder most of them move abroad. What a place.

they used to have two singers then Johnny Halliday died and then - zut alors - its all on MC Solaar's shoulders.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 19,681

they used to have two singers then Johnny Halliday died and then - zut alors - its all on MC Solaar's shoulders.
    Ahem I don’t think either of them sang joe le taxi
  • Hope TLDV (Have I got that right?) comes back and all is forgiven.
    Still being a twaat and will be for a bit. Gods this site is a censored to negotiate.
    Ecrasez l’infame
    TLW1 wrote:

Ahem I don’t think either of them sang joe le taxi

wasn't that edith piaf?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
    Hope TLDV (Have I got that right?) comes back and all is forgiven.
    Still being a twaat and will be for a bit. Gods this site is a censored to negotiate.

grazie. i'm sure she's away for her work its just that i don't know where. she wouldn't dare pass up a catch such as me.

i think she may have calmed down over the whole thing but i have no intention of raising the subject .....

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Hope TLDV (Have I got that right?) comes back and all is forgiven.

grazie. i'm sure she's away for her work its just that i don't know where. she wouldn't dare pass up a catch such as me.

i think she may have calmed down over the whole thing but i have no intention of raising the subject .....
    Good plan. Maintain a dignified silence. It’s not like you shagged her sister, or anything. Unless you did, then I admire you and shake my head in equal measure.
    Now go and starch and press lab coats for her return...
    Ecrasez l’infame