Shoot football Saturday

tlw1
tlw1 Posts: 21,831
edited November 2018 in The bottom bracket
Off to the theatre of dicks as a family friend bid for the corporate jolly tickets my old chap put up as an auction prize and then invited us

Should be fun as we are meeting for beer and breakfast at 10......

Later is out in town with the current wife as we make the most of the kids being away. But first is a run with the dog and then ride into town to collect the car.

Comments

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Apparently off to the beach today. No idea why, it's dull and cold.
    I think I have some sort of lurgy, everything below my waist is hurting. Maybe it's called getting old :(
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, it looks promising here for an afternoon ride, I have been changing the lights under the kitchen cabinets this morning,I must admit the led ones look a lot better and brighter
    Jackies happy that’s the main thing
    Have a good weekend
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    Missling here, putting a likely hold on Conifergeddon18 part 3, would get soaked in no time with wet branches and it's work at home, not like I'm getting paid for it or anything. Still got 3 big 'uns to drop plus a couple of outcompeted matchsticks, and want to take 1/2 the height off one of those golden Leylandii, get it back in control before it does indeed reach the sky.

Why does anyone plant forest trees in a domestic setting then just let them go? Well into triple digits in the removal count now.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,435
    'ning

gloomy and soggy here, went up and down hilly bits, headed back south via regent's park but gave up on laps, ffs why do bunches of clubbies weave all over the place five wide as they crawl around? grrr

i need more holidays
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Moist out so been enjoying a slow start. Back is giving me serious gyp after a couple of days of working on the Mini. Got what I wanted done but left it at work so I can do a couple of things next week.
    Out with mates from school later, could get messy.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    TLW1 wrote:
    Off to the theatre of dicks as a family friend bid for the corporate jolly tickets my old chap put up as an auction prize and then invited us
    I thought Liverpool were playing away today? :) We've got the late kick off spot against one of the North London trophy dodgers.

Good night out last night listening to the best band that East Cheshire has ever produced. Unfortunately had to get up at 6:30am to give Stropteen a lift to the station as she's off to Cambridge for some 'tester' course to get year 12's interested in doing a degree there. Went back to bed till 9:30. Let's see what she says this evening...

Looks like I've been roped into a shopping trip with Stressbag this afternoon - apparently my input on choice of light shades is essential :roll: I suppose it finishes off the latest round of the house redecoration/refurb.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    sungod wrote:
    ffs why do bunches of clubbies weave all over the place five wide as they crawl around?
    If they drafted they'd go faster, or at least caused a pile up for youto laugh at.
    There's some I encounter who do similar on the roads. It's as if they don't want fatties on full sussers overtaking them :roll: :mrgreen:
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Been trying out my new compostable coffee pods from a roaster in Brixton. Very nice they are too. A bit jittery now mind you.
  • ^ couple of large brandies should calm you down Mr h. I have to say that is middle class post of the year, and with only a month to go may take the prize. Don’t know what the prize might be though.
    Shopping trip today collecting some essentials. Now some beer soon some red wine and loud music to annoy the neighbours.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    I have to say that is middle class post of the year, and with only a month to go may take the prize. Don’t know what the prize might be though.

I was aware of the w@nkiness of the post. :D

I just had fcuk all else to say. I sat there and drank 3 different espressos (espressi?) inside 25 minutes. Did all the normal shyyte, but that was the highlight of my day.
  • crumbschief
    crumbschief Posts: 3,399
    oxoman wrote:
    Currently getting bladdered on cheap lager and work in the morning

Oh that's the spirit i have done that a few times in the past,It's better to burn out than to fade away :)
  • hopkinb wrote:
    I have to say that is middle class post of the year, and with only a month to go may take the prize. Don’t know what the prize might be though.

I was aware of the w@nkiness of the post. :D

I just had fcuk all else to say. I sat there and drank 3 different espressos (espressi?) inside 25 minutes. Did all the normal shyyte, but that was the highlight of my day.
    I think my heart would give out after that caffeine hit :D
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • oxoman wrote:
    Currently getting bladdered on cheap lager and work in the morning

Oh that's the spirit i have done that a few times in the past,It's better to burn out than to fade away :)
    +1, setting an example to us all.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    School reunion, drank enough that I knew no better. Thankfully avoided too much trouble.