Garmin Funking Connect

ajkerr73
ajkerr73 Posts: 318
edited December 2018 in Road general
Out of nowhere - my Garmin connect app won't send tomorrow's course to my 820.

Usual drill with the wee box and arrow top right of the course, but where it normally just pings it to the 820 it is now telling my I'm connected to the 820 but does nothing else. Just hangs there.

Any ideas people?

I've deleted and reinstalled the app (android)
Restarted the phone
"Forgot" the phone on the 820 and re-paired.

Infuriating!!

Comments

• Go into the Garmin as a drive and drop the GPX file in the NewFiles folder

Garmin 820 > Garmin > NewFiles

Eject garmin from computer - file will be in the saved courses section
  • zeee
    zeee Posts: 103
    Ajkerr73 wrote:

Usual drill with the wee box and arrow top right of the course, but where it normally just pings it to the 820 it is now telling my I'm connected to the 820 but does nothing else. Just hangs there.

Any ideas people?

Restarted the phone

Infuriating!!

That is strange I am having exactly the same issue with mine.

I have a brand new 520 plus. Managed to send 3 courses to it last week now if I try I get the same issue. Even courses that I have already sent won't work now.

I managed to get the courses on my garmin by importing them into komoot and downloading it via the iq app on the garmin.
  • ajkerr73
    Good man. That did the trick.
  • ajkerr73
    Zeee wrote:
    Ajkerr73 wrote:

Any ideas people?

Restarted the phone

Infuriating!!

That is strange I am having exactly the same issue with mine.

I have a brand new 520 plus. Managed to send 3 courses to it last week now if I try I get the same issue. Even courses that I have already sent won't work now.

I managed to get the courses on my garmin by importing them into komoot and downloading it via the iq app on the garmin.

Think this might be an update required. When I connected to the pc this morning there were a couple of updates outstanding, then another one over wi-fi after disconnected. Haven't checked yet.
  • ajkerr73
    Nope - still not working over Bluetooth.

Arse biscuits!
  • zeee
    Ajkerr73 wrote:
    Nope - still not working over Bluetooth.

ars* biscuits!

Same.
  • ajkerr73
    Now it won't even take a course via the PC!
  • ajkerr73
    It's all over the reviews for Garmin Connect app on the Google Play store.

Hopefully Garmin are on the case
  • zeee
    I emailed garmin and got the following response.

I have now added you to a Product Support Case with the information you have provided to us. This is a known issues on our end. Our engineers are investigating this thoroughly.

Please be patient whilst we investigate the issue you are experiencing and we will be in touch with any updates as soon as possible.
  • This advertisement was brought to you by Wahoo Bolt
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • ajkerr73
    I got this.....it didn't work!!!!

I've now given them access to my account and sent them a bunch of details re my phone and Garmin plus a zip file of all my Garmin files.

It is almost wahoo time!!!

Please see the following steps in regards to Bluetooth troubleshooting with Garmin Connect:

I firstly recommend that you update your device through the wire or ANT stick via Garmin Express.

After you have done the above, please perform the following steps in this exact order:

1. Open the Garmin Connect Mobile application
    2. Go to the more section on the app
    3. Go down to 'Garmin devices' and select this
    4. Click on your device and the 3 dots on the corner then select 'Remove device' and 'yes'
    5. Come out of the Garmin connect App and remove it from the phone
    6. Go into the settings of the phone and select 'Bluetooth'
    7. Under Bluetooth it will state 'My devices' and 'Devices available'. Under 'My devices' please remove and 'forget' anything listed under this section.
    8. Next turn the Bluetooth off and then the mobile phone off.
    9. Turn the mobile phone on and go back to settings and turn the Bluetooth back on.
    10. Re install the app from the play store or app store.
    11. Restore defaults on on the device and then open the application
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,586
    Things like this is why I am still old school (yes, I can spell school :wink: ) and persist in using a laptop and wired connections. Edit - Tested, and works.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    I'm having no issues atall with my 820 and Garmin Connect, rides are usually uploaded as I'm turning off the lights when I get home or taking lights etc off the bike when I get into work. My phone's data connection is on 24/7 and it picks up my WiFi as soon as I open the front door to the building I live in so by time I get into my flat all data is uploaded.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • ajkerr73
    redvee wrote:
    I'm having no issues atall with my 820 and Garmin Connect, rides are usually uploaded as I'm turning off the lights when I get home or taking lights etc off the bike when I get into work. My phone's data connection is on 24/7 and it picks up my WiFi as soon as I open the front door to the building I live in so by time I get into my flat all data is uploaded.
    My phone connects to the Garmin and at the end of the ride it uploads the ride straight away.

It just won't let me send a route to the garmin
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Ajkerr73 wrote:
    My phone connects to the Garmin and at the end of the ride it uploads the ride straight away.

You need to sync the two on Garmin Connect. Create the route online and save it, give it a few seconds then open Connect and look in Courses and select the course you want to upload then click on the phone icon top left hand then sync. Apologies if that's what you already stated you've been doing.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • ajkerr73
    redvee wrote:
    Ajkerr73 wrote:

You need to sync the two on Garmin Connect. Create the route online and save it, give it a few seconds then open Connect and look in Courses and select the course you want to upload then click on the phone icon top left hand then sync. Apologies if that's what you already stated you've been doing.

Yes...I can do all that, its after I tap on the phone icon in the top corner that it goes t!ts up!
  • cgfw201
    cgfw201 Posts: 674
    Stop wasting your life with Garmin's awful software. Could train for the TdF in the amount of time saved by getting a Wahoo.
  • ajkerr73
    cgfw201 wrote:
    Stop wasting your life with Garmin's awful software. Could train for the TdF in the amount of time saved by getting a Wahoo.

I hear you!
  • ajkerr73
    Email recd from Garmin last night - updated APP now available from the app store which they claim will fix this issue.

Not had a chance to check yet.
  • zeee
    Ajkerr73 wrote:
    Email recd from Garmin last night - updated APP now available from the app store which they claim will fix this issue.

Just tested and can confirm it is now working.
  • ajkerr73
    Zeee wrote:
    Ajkerr73 wrote:

Just tested and can confirm it is now working.

Thank god for that! I've much better things to spend my ££ on than a Wahoo