Cervelo S5 Size Help

hiscotsg
hiscotsg Posts: 3
edited November 2018 in Road buying advice
Looking for some help from anyone with experience of sizing an S5. Sigma Sports have the Black Friday deal below, 45% off 2018 model. It’s a lot of bike for £2,600, I’d be stretching the budget to that but there’s no way I could justify spending £4,700...

I’ve never had a Retul fit or anything so looking for some help with interpreting the Cervelo size guide. I am 5’11 with a 34.5inch inside leg (yes I have giraffe legs). Any advice on what size I would need? I will then go and speak to the good lady wife her indoors and see if I can make this work...!

Happy to provide any other measurements if they will help. Thanks in advance!

https://www.sigmasports.com/...-Road-Bike-2018/H2FX

Comments

• phil485
    phil485 Posts: 364
    I am riding a 56 but I am the other way around to you with a long body.

6foot 2 with 32" legs.

Not sure if that helps
  • 964cup
    964cup Posts: 1,362
    It's not the legs, so much as the reach. I'd say you'd be fine on a 56 - I ride a 56 Cervelo and am 6'1" with a 34" inside leg, but you might find you need a relatively short stem. On the other hand, on a 54 with that much BB to saddle, you might find the stack too low and end up with a load of spacers. I take it you don't know anyone with a 56 Cervelo you could try out?
  • Unfortunately don’t know anyone nearby with that bike.

I was think asking the same line as 964Cup, getting a shorter stem for the 56. I’ve been riding a Felt Z85 56 and sometimes feel like I’m reaching a bit, but never enough to have bothered doing anything about it.
  • hambini
    hambini Posts: 113
    I've got 34" inside leg and I ride an S5 in 56cm.

However the caveat is mine is the older model and I have might seat really far forward. The newer model has only one seat post hole so you may want the 54 otherwise the stem might be very short and result in jittery handling.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    6'1 and a smidge, short body, 56 for both an S5 and a Soloist from this parish.

mate is 6'2 with same build and he is on the same as well.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.