Exposre Strada RS or Diablo

stueys
stueys Posts: 1,332
edited November 2018 in Road buying advice
All, looking at either the Strada RS or Diablo if anyone has any experience of either. I want mainly for road use but the occasional MTB trail ride would also be nice. The size of the Diablo appeals, the Strada seems to have a wider beam spread though which would probably be better for road. But I suspect that the Diablo is probably plenty bright and wide enough for road use.

Has anyone got any experience of either and could comment?

Comments

• Beatmaker
    Beatmaker Posts: 1,092
    I can't comment on the Strada, but have a Diablo for road use. Its plenty bright enough for our Tuesday night club run. I'm not hugely impressed with the battery life, it seems to be good enough for about 3 hours on low (I've not really experimented with the different light modes though).
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    If you want to avoid dazzling oncoming road users I'd have thought the Strada was the smarter buy. No personal experience of using either on a bike though.

My son once rode home with a Diablo a colleague had lent him, and waving it about in the garden it seemed impressively bright for such a tiny thing. But I imagine small plus bright = short battery life.
  • mrdsgs
    mrdsgs Posts: 337
    got both, my advice would be buy both!!!

The strada full beam/dip is great and there is a remote handlebar switch in the pack. brilliant on road, but beam not much use off road with low branches etc being invisible with road beam. Diablo works well on bars but is the best helmet light out there.

I have the new 1500lm Strada SB which is brilliant for me, my 1400lm diablo is more or less unused, should probably sell it (!!!) it produces a significantly better helmet light beam than the 1000lm new joystick (got that as well.)

If you are only buying one light, my suggestion would be Toro. I have that as well.
    Colnago Addict!
  • stueys
    stueys Posts: 1,332
    Great, thank you for that. Gone Diablo to give it a try, battery life should be fine for me I’m never out for more than a couple of hours in the dark.

@mrdsgs - didn’t realise n+1 applied to accessories as well :D Thanks for the detailed comparisn
  • At the risk of creating a what light thread, and it is certainly bigger, I'd be looking at the Ravemen pr1200 as well. That has a dipped road setting.
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.