Flat pedal shoe covers

Lionel Hutz
Lionel Hutz Posts: 5
edited November 2018 in Commuting general
Hi,

I have started commuting by MTB. I wear size 10 5/10s and use flat pedals because I just don't fancy cleats. Unfortunately the front wheel sprays a lot of water on my feet when it is wet. Can anyone recommend a pair of shoe covers for flat pedals. Pretty much everything on the market is for cleats. Endura make a pair however they only fit up to size 9.

Cheers.

Lionel Hutz

Comments

• cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Can't you fit a mudguard and flap ?

If you're hosing yourself down you will get wet. Even with waterproof boots it will come down the top.
  • figbat
    figbat Posts: 680
    Motorcycle overshoes/overboots?
    Cube Reaction GTC Pro 29 for the lumpy stuff
    Cannondale Synapse alloy with 'guards for the winter roads
    Fuji Altamira 2.7 for the summer roads
    Trek 830 Mountain Track frame turned into a gravel bike - for anywhere & everywhere
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,416
    Unlikely as the overshoes usually go under the sole and this will wear out quickly on the pedals

I'd suggest some waterproof walking boots and gaiters. Have a look at GoOutdoors for some bargains.

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• Sure you don't want to try cleats? One of their biggest advantages is in the wet as there's no slipping on the pedals.
  • Joe Totale wrote:
    Sure you don't want to try cleats? One of their biggest advantages is in the wet as there's no slipping on the pedals.

The OP is using Fivetens which are proper soft sticky things even with plastic pedals they stick, with decent flats you have to lift as they will not slide!