Tuesday and the sky is falling down

thistle_
thistle_ Posts: 7,121
edited November 2018 in The bottom bracket
Morning,

Absolutely tipping it down here, contrary to the weather forecast which says it will stay dry all morning.
Hiding in bed for a bit longer. No bike today, due to sore knees (and the rain).

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    You win by 3 mins

No rain but cold out there whilst walking the hound

Another day in office too ferkin far away. Later is watching some Star Wars film with the youngest, might move the spin bike into the lounge to minimise my boredom
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, cold, windy and wet here just walked the dog,
    Fitting a new induction hob today hopefully it will turn up sooner rather than later, probably some indoor cycling later
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,434
    'ning

just saw on the news that those annoying electric scooters are illegal on roads/pavements, assume that means i can shoot them
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • dstev55
    dstev55 Posts: 742
    Tuesday means the few hours of the week I get for myself (day off, kids at school, missus at work).

Would usually get out on the bike but a severe case of man flu combined with the first round of wintry conditions means I'm going to sit on the sofa eating biscuits instead...
  • thistle_
    sungod wrote:
    just saw on the news that those annoying electric scooters are illegal on roads/pavements
    Mobility scooters?
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    pouring down and freezing cold.

just having a second coffee before going to do some weights.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • big_harv
    big_harv Posts: 512
    On a train into the nation’s capital. Definitely overrated (train and city).

Have a good day all.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    sungod wrote:
    'ning

just saw on the news that those annoying electric scooters are illegal on roads/pavements, assume that means i can shoot them
    Good, usually seen ridden by hipster tw@ts so they're fair game.

On the train into town feeling a bit tired but not sure why. Coffee based antidote will ne needed when I get to the office.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle
    bloody hell its cold.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    bloody hell its cold.
    Teesside barbeque weather :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    bloody hell its cold.

still t shirt weather up there :)

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,611
    On an enforced inactive day post my latest jab-in-the-eye treatment yesterday. Might have some ‘fun’ (is it?) researching on t’internet mr multiple identity of the BR parish. He does seem to leave traces all over the place.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    sungod wrote:
    just saw on the news that those annoying electric scooters are illegal on roads/pavements
    Mobility scooters?

Those count...

Chilly one today drove in today as im feeling decidedly ropey and achey, likely bail an go home later as eyes are aching an having trouble focusing.

No rain here just cold an grey.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    orraloon wrote:
    On an enforced inactive day post my latest jab-in-the-eye treatment yesterday. Might have some ‘fun’ (is it?) researching on t’internet mr multiple identity of the BR parish. He does seem to leave traces all over the place.

Oh come on 'loon - leave the guy alone, this place gets duller and duller. We need some BS and bollox.

Fffffffrikkin ccccold. However, it's very bright and I will do something. I don't know what that something is but I will do it. There are pressing things but procrastination and all that...

Tomorrow, Weegie land for my sins. Leaving early. Might even post the daily sh1t thread me self if I can tear myself away from my coffee.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    bloody hell its cold.

Cue BB version of 'The 4 Yorkshiremen'...
  • A day of WFH. Had a call this afternoon to ask if I want to keep doing this for another 7 months next year...
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • step83
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    bloody hell its cold.

I feel the Nords have done a slightly more tongue in cheek version

L1K_mzVW3x0T_UIjBB5veGf3smkEA3FhEOZ4PcdUVwY.jpg?auto=webp&s=86c2796983988af3d50683e5190c459a787f03b1
  • That wood burner is getting a match under it the moment I walk through the front door, absolutely freezing (well not quite...) and rain here.

Might go for a run.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Step83 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    bloody hell its cold.

I feel the Nords have done a slightly more tongue in cheek version

L1K_mzVW3x0T_UIjBB5veGf3smkEA3FhEOZ4PcdUVwY.jpg?auto=webp&s=86c2796983988af3d50683e5190c459a787f03b1
    Bunch of wusses...
  • Stevo_666
    Bollards. Car has been delayed as they are struggling to produce enough of the V8 engines to meet demand - so target date is now end of Jan :( Agreed with dealer that if that's the case he can hang onto until 1st of March and I'll have a 19 plate Panzer. Ho hum.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    That's dull Stevo, a little surprised it's the engine holding things up. A Norwegian customer was saying how many electric cars they've sold there this year, he mentioned 60,000 ipace's alone. How do the batteries cope with the cold up there. Also on the subject of Norway have you seen the video of good Norwegian citizens raking the forest? Excellent trolling of Trumpf, not that he would get the joke.
    Managed to wobble in this morning, wasn't too uncomfortable except for the cold rain on my face, Thought it might crack when I laughed at how grumpy the guy riding the other way looked.
  • Matthewfalle
    i've just been for moules with tdv's in laws and am now in a car park needing a wee but can't go because i'm on my turbo trainer.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    i've just been for moules with tdv's in laws and am now in a car park needing a wee but can't go because i'm on my turbo trainer.
    Just let go, it'll be like being in the tour of france.
  • thistle_
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Bollards. Car has been delayed as they are struggling to produce enough of the V8 engines to meet demand
    Have they not got a V12 sitting around they could put in it instead?
  • step83
    hopkinb wrote:

If your on the TT in a carpark, let it flow, warm up a bit!
  • Matthewfalle
    hopkinb wrote:

i've already coloured in the windows of the mighty accord with a Sharpie so i can i/v myself up after finishing my brick fast group session.

#greatminds....

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Step83 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

If your on the TT in a carpark, let it flow, warm up a bit!

did that in last night's car and shorts are still a bit squelchy/itchy.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    That's dull Stevo, a little surprised it's the engine holding things up. A Norwegian customer was saying how many electric cars they've sold there this year, he mentioned 60,000 ipace's alone. How do the batteries cope with the cold up there. Also on the subject of Norway have you seen the video of good Norwegian citizens raking the forest? Excellent trolling of Trumpf, not that he would get the joke.
    Yep, stuck with a diesel for a bit longer.

Apparently AMG engines are hand built and the bloke who built it puts a little plaque on it.

mercedes-benz_amgspecial_aboutamg_engine_460x230_03-2017.jpg

Would appear they only have a finite supply of blokes who can do that and there was a spike in orders for the new facelift version.

IIRC Norway is phasing out fossil petrol snd diesel new cars by 2025. That's why I'm getting mine now - before the UK tree huggers ban them.

Thought it was the Finns posting pics of women with Dysons out in the forest?
  • step83
    Side note, I went for an interview at Merc Motorsports Brixworth site not long ago, surreal is the word unfortunately turned down the offer due to the commute (M1 road works hadnt long started and it was a fixed term contract offer).
    The fancy plaque is usually the person who "assembled" in a kit form. They have plenty of engine builders its more the fact not all of them are skilled up on that unit.

Least Trump could have picked a country famous for its forests, like Saudi Arabia.

An Matt, did you not put them on the radiator when you got home?
  • Matthewfalle
    Step83 wrote:
    Side note, I went for an interview at Merc Motorsports Brixworth site not long ago, surreal is the word unfortunately turned down the offer due to the commute (M1 road works hadnt long started and it was a fixed term contract offer).
    The fancy plaque is usually the person who "assembled" in a kit form. They have plenty of engine builders its more the fact not all of them are skilled up on that unit.

Least Trump could have picked a country famous for its forests, like Saudi Arabia.

An Matt, did you not put them on the radiator when you got home?

no because my house would have smelt of pissss. i just stuck them in plastic bag that TDV got the joint of beef in from Edwyns and left them in the back of the car.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.