Monday - Its all a lie

step83
step83 Posts: 4,170
edited November 2018 in The bottom bracket
Slackers something is amiss, that or your all that miserable at the thought of Monday youve given up.

Coffee, some oat based thing and webex frenzy

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Given up :(
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Both
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Sungod is trying to reign in the Pineapple collider after the whole of Surrey petitioned him.
    All the MF's have broken down both mentally and physically in a car park somewhere.
    Hayden is propping up a tree in deepest, darkest West of the region, Probably in his own back yard in a vain attempt to salvage the rest of his house. God help him when he runs out of energy.
    Stevo has made the realisation that the lump of Teutonic metal that he purchased but not received is going to stack up to actually having to work to pay for it (and the resulting cost of blackmail that Mrs S will now use as leverage).
    VN is upstairs pretending to work, fighting the thoughts of regular tea and biscuits to the back of his mind, the manifestation of which will be deep depression,
    Oxo is on day 3 of 4 and his staying power is being tested to the max.
    Hoppy over indulged during the weekend (again) and the cycle in to work just about killed him. He's fast asleep in the corner of the office and is unknowingly suffering from gout.
    Flaneur is too busy 'hanging' to post anything. Such is his dedication to Yoga.
    BBG is planning the big Calais Mammoet/Carrefour raid prior to Brexit (van/box van/Luton with tail lift/7.5 tonner/7.5 tonner with trailer/7.5 tonner with flat bed/7.5 tonner flat bed with trailer/7.5 tonner with flat bed and double trailer. It's a logistical nightmare).*

*You have just enough time to sit your HGV test if you get a wiggle on BBG.

Me, i'm just kicking the dirt.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Pinno wrote:
    Hoppy over indulged during the weekend (again) and the cycle in to work just about killed him. He's fast asleep in the corner of the office and is unknowingly suffering from gout.
    :D
    I'm not sure it's possible to unknowingly suffer from gout! :shock:
    The cycle in to work is always what re-animates me. Roads were packed with cyclists on the commute today, despite the chilly north-easterly. The main train line into Waterloo is gefickt.
    A day of busy stuff ahead. I might get an extra-large lunch, seeing as it's cold.
  • step83
    Think you've covered all bases there, 1st webex over watched some rather grim footage from the Macau F3 GP, lots online people have uploaded but its pretty gut wrenching to watch. Speed trap data put her doing just over 170 backwards at the braking point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaUdY8clZsw
  • Pinno wrote:
    Sungod is trying to reign in the Pineapple collider after the whole of Surrey petitioned him.
    All the MF's have broken down both mentally and physically in a car park somewhere.
    Hayden is propping up a tree in deepest, darkest West of the region, Probably in his own back yard in a vain attempt to salvage the rest of his house. God help him when he runs out of energy.
    Stevo has made the realisation that the lump of Teutonic metal that he purchased but not received is going to stack up to actually having to work to pay for it (and the resulting cost of blackmail that Mrs S will now use as leverage).
    VN is upstairs pretending to work, fighting the thoughts of regular tea and biscuits to the back of his mind, the manifestation of which will be deep depression,
    BBG is planning the big Calais Mammoet/Carrefour raid prior to Brexit (van/box van/Luton with tail lift/7.5 tonner/7.5 tonner with trailer/7.5 tonner with flat bed/7.5 tonner flat bed with trailer/7.5 tonner with flat bed and double trailer. It's a logistical nightmare).*

Laters.
    Busy, WFH this week. I am therefore far enough away from the Idiots in Business that ignoring them is a little easier. Plus it means I can sneak out occasionally to (figuratively) smell the roses, or in my case, just stare at the view...

45037817725_c2db166573_z.jpg

That roof in bottom right is... home :D 8) :D
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Back from a dazzling weekend of nothingness.

That's about it.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    soooo cold. have started digging out winter kit.

going to cook some beans. i'm soooo rock n roll.

2hrs 45 until i go and sit in the first car park of the day.....
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    Pinno wrote:
    Now you mention it I'm due to chase the dealer this week and see if they have an ETA. They need it in their quarterly sales numbers so should be suitably incentivised to make it happen next month and I've told them if I can't have before Xmas then I'll have it registered in January. As far as Mrs. 666 is concerned, I'm just getting the 'sport' version with the optional exhaust which is why it sounds like a an approaching thunderstorm. Luckily she knows sweet FA about cars :)

In other news, the pedal in was chilly and I'm now making up the calorie deficit.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666

Go away :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle
    Pinno wrote:

Laters.
    Busy, WFH this week. I am therefore far enough away from the Idiots in Business that ignoring them is a little easier. Plus it means I can sneak out occasionally to (figuratively) smell the roses, or in my case, just stare at the view...

thats alright i suppose.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Where is the local?
  • TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Where is the local?
    Nearest is about 4 km back up the road. A few hills, a bike path most of the way but zero lighting for night returns... and critters everywhere... lol
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Where is the local?
    Nearest is about 4 km back up the road. A few hills, a bike path most of the way but zero lighting for night returns... and critters everywhere... lol
    It would be amusing if it's closer than TLW's local. He'll be really jealous then :P

My local is 850m away with another one 900m away :)
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Where is the local?
    It would be amusing if it's closer than TLW's local. He'll be really jealous then :P

Mine is closer :)
  • How sad is it that I've just used Strava route builder to find out my local is 430m away from our house?
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Matthewfalle
    sitting in the first car park of the day.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    How sad is it that I've just used Strava route builder to find out my local is 430m away from our house?

about 500m for us I think. i'll send one of the MFs out later to check.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Where is the local?

Closer than mine?
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Where is the local?

Closer than mine?
    :)
  • step83
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Where is the local?

Closer than mine?

I'll have to get a ruler out tonight see how far the pub is from mine, doubt I'll win, house is on a very steep hill so going to the pub is decidedly more easy than the return.
  • Stevo_666
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Where is the local?

Closer than mine?
    I guess it was a major house purchase consideration.
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Where is the local?

Closer than mine?
    I guess it was a major house purchase consideration.
    Yep, saw some lovely isolated houses all excluded as you couldn’t walk to the pub. Unless you are in WI, how do you get interpreted into the community?
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Piña's pretty much hit the nail on the head there.
    Just used Google maps to calculate the distance of the nearest pub from mine. Apparently it's 2364" away, I've measured it in inches so it makes it sound further away. Leaving the house by the back door would add about 10% to the distance travelled.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    How far away is the nearest pub from the car park?
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Leaving the house by the back door would add about 10% to the distance travelled.
    Your house must be huge.
  • Afternoon all.
    My local is less than 100 yards away and yes it was a major purchasing factor. It has since been taken over by an obnoxious twunt so I don’t bother going there now. We all have our crosses to bear.
    Monday at work done which was tedious beyond belief. Another day like that tomorrow and I might have get out the office Webley.
    Cheers.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • Matthewfalle
    How far away is the nearest pub from the car park?

about a mile but its awful. even the mfs wouldn't go there and they spent a while when their local was the local petrol station because - as they said - "the beer is cheap, the plastic chairs are comfy and we can get yesterday's sandwiches cheap".

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Step83 wrote:
    Think you've covered all bases there, 1st webex over watched some rather grim footage from the Macau F3 GP, lots online people have uploaded but its pretty gut wrenching to watch. Speed trap data put her doing just over 170 backwards at the braking point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaUdY8clZsw

She had 'successful surgery' on her back apparently.

Reminds me of that Le Mans Crash... hang on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJF06ZP7U2s

But that Sophia Flörsch crash is brutal. She is one lucky girl.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    TLW1 wrote:
    how do you get interpreted into the community?
    Is that because they speak funny round your way? :)
  • Matthewfalle
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    how do you get interpreted into the community?
    Is that because they speak funny round your way? :)

not just him - you all speak funny, see.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.