Black tie Friday

tlw1
tlw1 Posts: 21,831
edited November 2018 in The bottom bracket
Early start as I’m cycling to work as we are staying over tonight for some dull ball - bright side ale will be enjoyed

Comments

• Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    foggy damp and misty so perfect for my first bike ride in 8 weeks.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,159
    Slightly fuzzy start to the morning. Starting day 2 of the conference shortly. Think I may have a nap in the first speech.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Invigorating pedal in to work in the drizzle and murk. Keeping my head down and buggering off early is the name of the game today.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    I see we are keeping the posts short today.
    That's good, I won't have to try and summon some interest.

#Fishbot

I had a go at the cu... err, sorry, him. Maybe, it'll appear on the kicking off thread.

Dull here. Wind has dropped.
    @MF: Why don't you take your bike with you and pedal around the car parks whilst you wait?
    It would have deep Metaphorical value.
    Off into the sticks for special grub in the porker.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Matthewfalle
    Pinno wrote:
    I see we are keeping the posts short today.
    That's good, I won't have to try and summon some interest.

#Fishbot

I had a go at the cu... err, sorry, him. Maybe, it'll appear on the kicking off thread.

Dull here. Wind has dropped.
    @MF: Why don't you take your bike with you and pedal around the car parks whilst you wait?
    It would have deep Metaphorical value.
    Off into the sticks for special grub in the porker.

Laters.

thats actually good idea. totes alts, i could just carry a turbo and a bike around and set it up next to the car everytime i stop and if people ask what i'm doing tell them its fast group sunday club riding training club club.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Morning

Moist and murky here today too.
    Rode to work on the fast bike for the first time in a while. Didn't spot TLW1.
    Some cake sale is going on in the office today.
    thats actually good idea. totes alts, i could just carry a turbo and a bike around and set it up next to the car everytime i stop and if people ask what i'm doing tell them its fast group sunday club riding training club club.
    Put a skinsuit on and tell them you're warming up for a time trial. That won't look suspicious at all.
  • Grey and miserable but fairly mild here in the Hampshire Balkans. IT bits working slowly here with the promise of power outage from midday onwards means a fairly epic amount of slacking could well happen this am. Then I might go to the pub and have curry for tea.
    And that's about it.
    Enjoy your day.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • tlw1
    Morning

Moist and murky here today too.
    Rode to work on the fast bike for the first time in a while. Didn't spot TLW1.
    That’s because I was super speedy (in my head) - 2hrs 2mins including coming through the centre of Chester

Was very warm
  • Matthewfalle
    sun is shining

pashley hosed down. time to hide it in a corner, ride home on good bike jusi intime to get car then drive back and sit in a car park on do some turbo training.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    For once I remembered the weekly fire alarm test, so it didn't scare me sh1tless. The thing is on the wall behind me about 4 feet from my head, and it generally results in drink spillage, a brief cardiac arrest and a general loosening of sphincters. Today was a much calmer affair.
    And I've just learned that this afternoon's potentially very dull meeting was organised by somebody who left 3 months ago, so it's unlikely to be happening. The day just keeps on getting better! :D
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    keef66 wrote:
    ...a general loosening of sphincters.

Wet suit or extra large nappies?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Dull here but Christmas markets*, German sausages and beer** await!

*Yes I know it's only November but we're going buying skiing stuff so it would be rude not to.

**I'm driving, fiddlesticks...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    Why are you having grub in the Porker Piña? Won't they let you eat in so you're banished to the drive through?
    They test our fire alarms on a Monday, but they make an announcement before hand. Problem is it's often 10 minutes after the announcement they press the button, so we've usually relaxed and forgotten about it by the time it happens.
    Managed to wobble in again today, it's a bit gloomy out but remarkably mild.
    New disc pads have arrived so can fit them tomorrow, other tinkering may happen.
  • Matthewfalle
    sitting in a car park. got bored on the turbo trainer because I didn't have an extension lead long enough to plug in my zwiftsufferstravaipadmancave o'meter screen.

i'm still going wear my skinsuit and aero helmet though. not taking them off.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Bollox. Got on the plane and they announced we'll be parked on the tarmac for an hour and a half. Visibility problems at Heathrow. Nothing to drink either...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    In hotel enjoying a beer whilst the wife gets ready, did a test run in the bow tie - perfect, bet I don’t repeat that :(
  • Stevo_666
    TLW1 wrote:
    In hotel enjoying a beer whilst the wife gets ready
    Just one?
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Bollox. Got on the plane and they announced we'll be parked on the tarmac for an hour and a half. Visibility problems at Heathrow. Nothing to drink either...
    Don't understand why they do that instead of letting you sit in the terminal. Maybe in case they suddenly get told they can go, or a way to prove it's not them causing the delay?
  • Matthewfalle
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Don't understand why they do that instead of letting you sit in the terminal. Maybe in case they suddenly get told they can go, or a way to prove it's not them causing the delay?

believe its something to do with them not having to pay compo and not incurring fees at the airport for cligging it up.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Got away only.40 mins late in the end. Pilot said they had us on board so the could gonas soon as they got a slot.
  • Stevo 666 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Got away only.40 mins late in the end. Pilot said they had us on board so the could gonas soon as they got a slot.
    Pilots need to get home too. And if they’re a bit tired after a night out a line or two should get them (and you!) home.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • Stevo 666 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Plus I think airline statistics report based on "on-time departure", and believe it or not they call departure the time they push back from the terminal gate, not when it's wheels up.

So when you sit on the tarmac all that time it still counts as departed for them.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • keef66 wrote:
    For once I remembered the weekly fire alarm test, so it didn't scare me sh1tless. The thing is on the wall behind me about 4 feet from my head, and it generally results in drink spillage, a brief cardiac arrest and a general loosening of sphincters. Today was a much calmer affair.
    And I've just learned that this afternoon's potentially very dull meeting was organised by somebody who left 3 months ago, so it's unlikely to be happening. The day just keeps on getting better! :D
    Set an Outlook (or email calendar package of choice) reminder to pop up an alert every week on screen 2 or 3 mins before the test schedule time... gives you time to calmly walk out of the building to get coffee or something instead.

For the fire-drill evacuation my mate who was head fire-warden would tell me in advance when it was scheduled. I'd set the alert, then leave a few mins early, take the lift down the 17 floors instead of the damned stairs and beat the crowd to the cafe and get us both a coffee and cake.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS