Xcadey Crank Based Power meter

markybains17
markybains17 Posts: 21
edited November 2018 in Road general
Hi - Anyone with experience with Xcadey crank based powermeters?

Comments

• Beatmaker
    Beatmaker Posts: 1,092
    I'm sure you've already seen it, but DC Rainmaker does not rate it https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2017/11/power-meters-annual-buyers-guide-2017-edition.html
  • Yes, seen a video on YouTube which was positive in terms of data but a no no in terms of the lack of after sales support. There was something about the Ant+ being unregistered too. Tempting though.
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    Yes, seen a video on YouTube which was positive in terms of data but a no no in terms of the lack of after sales support. There was something about the Ant+ being unregistered too. Tempting though.

was that shane miller by any chance? his videos are really good.
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • I've had one for a year and although the software (in Android app) isn't that great, it worked pretty consistently and the battery lasted ages.
    Now, after 11 months however, it's stopped working after a commute in the rain and getting a replacement through xcadey is proving impossible. They agreed to send one, but it never materialised. Been chasing for 3 months now.
  • I've had one for a year and although the software (in Android app) isn't that great, it worked pretty consistently and the battery lasted ages.
    Now, after 11 months however, it's stopped working after a commute in the rain and getting a replacement through xcadey is proving impossible. They agreed to send one, but it never materialised. Been chasing for 3 months now.

The same happen to me. Used it without issues, but it stopped working (aberrant readings and unstable connection) after 7-8 months. Contacted Xcadey reached to a product manager whom instructed me to fill the warranty replacement form for spider. Did it, they confirmed the registration of the warranty claim and that was all. Since then no update, no answers to my messages, totally ghosted. This is more like a scam type business, not a legit one. Strongly advise anyone to avoid them, in spite of the apparent low cost