Stan Lee - RIP

mr_goo
mr_goo Posts: 3,770
edited November 2018 in The cake stop
Sad news that he's passed away after several bouts of illness. But at 95, that's a damned fine innings.
His creations and co-creations at Marvel will live on forever both in printed and screen format.
Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.

Comments

• Mr Goo wrote:
    Sad news that he's passed away after several bouts of illness. But at 95, that's a damned fine innings.
    His creations and co-creations at Marvel will live on forever both in printed and screen format.

Awww poo. He made me laugh with his cameo appearances in superhero movies.
  • That's one hell of a legacy he's left behind.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Just Spidey would have been enough.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • crispybug2
    crispybug2 Posts: 2,915
    Shame, although apparently he has already filmed plenty of cameos for future Marvel films, so although he is no longer with us in the physical sense he’ll be on screen for years to come!
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,946
    crispybug2 wrote:
    Shame, although apparently he has already filmed plenty of cameos for future Marvel films, so although he is no longer with us in the physical sense he’ll be on screen for years to come!

That will be good, if a little odd.

Did anyone else notice the passing of Douglas Rain the same day? He was the voice of Hal in "2001, a Space Odyssey".

The older I get, the better I was.

• crispybug2
    crispybug2 Posts: 2,915
    Capt Slog wrote:
    crispybug2 wrote:

That will be good, if a little odd.

Did anyone else notice the passing of Douglas Rain the same day? He was the voice of Hal in "2001, a Space Odyssey".

Yeah, I saw that

One of the great voices of film history.

Also, do you know how HAL got his name?

The letters are one away from the letters in the alphabet for IBM!
  • kingrollo
    kingrollo Posts: 3,198
    That's one hell of a legacy he's left behind.

It is indeed

I wonder how feels about the shameless money making ethic that his ideas have been reduced to - the movie's pump out any old crap in the name of Marvel - it seems there's a new spider man movie every 6 months !
  • robert88
    robert88 Posts: 2,696
    Spanish police are asking for help naming a rescued puppy that they plan to train as a new member of the force.
    Of the four choices on Wednesday's Twitter poll - Rocky, Lucky, Iron and Stan Lee - the Marvel Comics creator is at time of writing leading the pack.

Doggie MacDogface not an option. Sorry.