Blemish on fork paint

seanorawe
seanorawe Posts: 950
edited November 2018 in Road general
I'm not sure if this blemish on my fork just below the head tube is a case for returning my fork for another one? The bike is brand new. Am I being fussy, or does something like this eventually get worse?

fne49g.jpg
Cube Attain SL Disc
Giant CRS 2.0

Comments

• sam_anon
    sam_anon Posts: 153
    I wouldn't.

You'll forget it's there once you're riding it!
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Is that a scratch or a reflection down the fork ?
  • cougie wrote:
    Is that a scratch or a reflection down the fork ?

It's the flash of the camera :D
    Cube Attain SL Disc
    Giant CRS 2.0
  • cougie
    I think I'd live with that. Might be worth showing it to the shop and ask for some discount possibly ?
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    I'm not sure I'd have noticed that, and it certainly wouldn't bother me. Just ride it. Chances are the headset will leak a bit of grease and it will be camouflaged by dirt in no time.

If it was an alloy fork crown I suppose there's a small chance that it could be the point where corrosion starts in 10 years time... Carbon not so much.
  • It's a bike not a work of art.
  • Craigus89 wrote:
    It's a bike not a work of art.

I like to see it as both.

My OCD goes of the chain sometimes.
    Cube Attain SL Disc
    Giant CRS 2.0
  • keef66
    Which bike? Looks a lovely colour in the photo.

I do like a clean, shiny bike, but I can rarely be @rsed to do the actual cleaning.
    And I've learned not to be too precious about paint finish either.
    Not since I let go of the end of the chain I was splitting and it took a series of chunks out of the paint on the chainstay on my week-old bike.
  • leave it alone.........it'll be fine.
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    That IS a lovely colour.
  • Its a boardman 8.9. These pics are ther large frame, but ive since swapped to a Medium frame.

Sorry I cant turn these pics the right way round.

vcw76h.jpg

2zi7c4p.jpg
    Cube Attain SL Disc
    Giant CRS 2.0
  • keef66
    Must've been the flash! It's gone from a deep burnt orange in the close-up to a red in the outdoor pics. I'm sure it's still lovely, but I'm now hankering after an orange bike...
  • keef66 wrote:
    Must've been the flash! It's gone from a deep burnt orange in the close-up to a red in the outdoor pics. I'm sure it's still lovely, but I'm now hankering after an orange bike...

I know what you mean. I love a burnt orange colour myself. There was a spesh Roubaix in orange a few seasons ago and it was more of a brighter orange, but still lovely.
    Cube Attain SL Disc
    Giant CRS 2.0
  • cougie
    Nice looking bike.

I saw a Merckx 525 in here in orange the other day ? That looked lovely too.
  • john1967
    john1967 Posts: 366
    Surprised it got passed quality controls.Ive bought bikes at big discount with similar blemishes.Would you buy a brand new car with paintwork issues.?