wednesday reality melts in the heat

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,522
edited November 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

gmc, coffee, more coffee and perhaps a mince pie, ram some learning into someone else's minions, one of whom i know to be about to take the easy way out
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    Half day as eldest has got to go to some waste of everyone’s time appointment. Hopefully finish in time to enjoy the afternoon
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,144
    Morning

Minimal sleep which isn't good after spending most of yesterday riding, and still got yesterday's headache.

I think I'll be spending the day cleaning bikes rather than riding :(
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,459
    On the train into town, do half a day's work then off to Heathrow. Should arrive at the hotel in Prague in time to hit the bar.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,144
    oxoman wrote:
    Morning, dry and dull here. Refuse to do anything today apart ride a bike and beer with mates tonight. On a high note, my expenses went through with no problems for a change.
    The beers are on you then?

We've had a new expenses system at work. On the training last week we were essentially told to reject everything for even the slightest error.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,321
    Mrs P "VAT on nuts, tissues and orange juice? " after this mornings shop.
    Might be painting callipers today. Will be meeting with solicitor - but she's easy on the eye which is small compensation for cost.
    Not many phone calls recently. It's either things are going smoothly or they've gone mammaries up on the recycling front. I expect it's the latter.

Has HM bought that tent or some buckets?

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    sungod wrote:
    'ning

gmc, coffee, more coffee and perhaps a mince pie, ram some learning into someone else's minions, one of whom i know to be about to take the easy way out

Suitably sized pie?

https://www.goodtoknow.co.uk/food/food- ... ies-457863

Morning, feeling of an impending illness in my head today (cold brewing) a chorus of coughing and rustle of pills so patient zero needs to be located and dettoled within an inch of their lives.

Rolled in on No.2 bike again gear cables have gone a little stiff for no real reason, otherwise really enjoying the 1X life, what to do with the now redundant left shifter, cant really remove it from what I can tell, meh it works I have an old cable dropper I could hook in for the hell of it.

The black Friday spam has kicked in as well my inbox is now being flooded with random crap at slightly lower prices than normal.

Food, Coffee an nap is the plan today, nap wont happen may replace that with a walk.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Morning ladies,

No tea or coffee yet, world is unbalanced.

Various builder types over this morning for work/quotes, made the bike a winter bike in the process by finding the old brake pads and taking the carbon rims off.

Pinno, an easy on the eye lawyer sounds dangerous
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • pinno
    Flâneur wrote:

I was hoping to off set costs by 'personal services'.
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Flâneur wrote:

Surely that would increase the cost? :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Flâneur wrote:

Tax deductible?
  • Stevo_666
    Step83 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Flâneur wrote:

Tax deductible?
    If he puts it through his limited company as I advised him to, sure.
  • pinno
    'Tax deductible'... hmm...

Time to pimp the van up.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    oxoman wrote:
    Son's taxi service has dropped me off 2nd pint on its way as 1st one didn't touch the sides. Suspect I may be bladdered by return taxi journey.
    Sounds similar to my post fun bike route