Diet planner

steveatbath
steveatbath Posts: 49
Hi
Does anybody have any good materials to help me create myself a diet plan... it’s too hard to keep exercising out a bad diet and making little overall progress to my weight goal (despite improving fitness)... I’m just not sure where best to start with a plan

Comments

• List all the snacks you eat between meals and simply reduce it, drinking extra fluid if necessary to fill your stomach.
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • Download MyFitnessPal and log everything you eat, it makes you accountable and will soon see you reducing it in line with what you should be eating to lose weight. Also I found cutting out bread, pasta, beer and cake made a big difference!
  • I would suggest using MyFitnessPal app and record all your food for a week and see what your diet looks like. You can then make adjustments to get towards what would be more appropriate for what you are doing.
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,411
    List all the snacks you eat between meals and simply reduce it, drinking extra fluid if necessary to fill your stomach.

Tried this once but filling the empty space in my stomach with beer had a negative effect on my weight loss!!

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• lochindaal wrote:
    I would suggest using MyFitnessPal app and record all your food for a week and see what your diet looks like. You can then make adjustments to get towards what would be more appropriate for what you are doing.

This, if you’re trying to loose weight go for 2lb a week and if you don’t loose any drop calories by a couple of hundred the next week and keep going like that
  • Hi
    Does anybody have any good materials to help me create myself a diet plan... it’s too hard to keep exercising out a bad diet and making little overall progress to my weight goal (despite improving fitness)... I’m just not sure where best to start with a plan

Yes!

As with many things that relate to cycling performance, there isn't a one size fits all method that works for everyone. For e.g. training differs amongst riders for even similar goals, aerodynamics differ, and diet differs for a multitude of reasons!

The evidence shows us that reducing energy intake to a level below your energy expended results in weight loss (fat mass). Your diet could consist of *anything* to achieve this (e.g. bars of chocolate). However, the health cost of this (just eating chocolate) would be detrimental, and additionally, it'd likely have a negative impact on cycling performance (as chocolate isn't the best fuel for you).

What consistently shows in the literature, is that a diet high in fruit and especially vegetables helps with health, and weight loss. a diet moderate to high in carbohydrates helps with performance, while on the other hand, manipulating carbohydrate intake can also have benefits.

The Mediterranean Diet has many positives associated with it, and as a starting point for health, weight loss, and performance this is a good diet.

However, tailoring your diet specifically, requires far more info than you've provided, with queries relating to age, gender, fitness level, commitment, training that you do, your goals, etc.

This is something i provide for athletes i work with. Trying to sum up the info into a neat snippet for a forum is somewhat hard (so i'm currently writing a book on it!).
    Coach to Michael Freiberg - Track World Champion (Omnium) 2011
    Coach to James Hayden - Transcontinental Race winner 2017, and 2018
    Coach to Jeff Jones - 2011 BBAR winner and 12-hour record
    Check out our new website https://www.cyclecoach.com
  • Thanks all.

What I was after was info to materials so that I can learn about the science and then create a plan to suit based on some proper science. I have lost 4.5 stone and wanted to learn about nutrition as a topic rather than just count calories.
  • Thanks all.

What I was after was info to materials so that I can learn about the science and then create a plan to suit based on some proper science. I have lost 4.5 stone and wanted to learn about nutrition as a topic rather than just count calories.

McArdle, Katch and Katch: Exercise Physiology: Nutrition, Energy and Human Performance
    Jeukendrup: Sport Nutrition 3rd Edition
    Burke & Deakin: Clinical Sports Nutrition
    Coach to Michael Freiberg - Track World Champion (Omnium) 2011
    Coach to James Hayden - Transcontinental Race winner 2017, and 2018
    Coach to Jeff Jones - 2011 BBAR winner and 12-hour record
    Check out our new website https://www.cyclecoach.com
  • Awesome thanks, I’ll have a look into those