Specialized Venge Tri/Aero Bars

NLawrence03
NLawrence03 Posts: 4
edited November 2018 in Road general
I have a 2016 Specialized Venge that has some beautiful s-works aero handlebars, however, there are no tri/aero bar clamps i can find which fit onto them because of their oblong aero shape.

Does anyone know of anyone making the right size clamps or some other solution if i want to fit tri/aero bars? Are there any custom aftermarket clamp makers?

Cheers,
Nic

Comments

• cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    What do you want the Tri bars for ?

Your venge isn't the right geometry for Tri bars. You could buy a decent second hand TT bike for not a huge amount of money.
  • For a one off multi sport race where tri-bars would be quite helpful. I'd rather not buy a new bike, even if geometry isn't perfect on the Venge.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    In that case I'd just ride without the Tri bars. Carbon doesn't like being clamped unless it's designed for it.
  • Diplodicus - apparently not, they only work for the Venge Vias - which the 2016 model is not.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    not worth just getting some cheap ali bars to mount the tri bars as its a one off event?

once taped up and tri barred up no one will notice they aren't the standard bar and they won't snap and give you dead disease.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.