Saturday, my mind's distracted and diffused.

hopkinb
hopkinb Posts: 7,129
edited November 2018 in The bottom bracket
Not a lot on today. Laundry, dog walking, café.

Mundane.

Comments

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Yep
    10am and nothing's been achieved so far today apart from watching videos on YouTube.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Got a kom on this mornings run only to loose it when my running partner drove back and did it again

Getting ready for a party at ours later
  • big_harv
    big_harv Posts: 512
    Hour and a half "en velo" in the sunshine. I may be getting the hang of this.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,157
    Still tired despite a decent sleep, not sure why? Been driving around buying/collecting/dropping off stuff. Managed to fit a coffee into that lot but disappointingly no bacon sandwich. I'm probably in the running for the mundane day of the day award.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Afternoon, 40 miles rode after the usual jobs, just need to clean the bike before a nice and relaxing Saturday afternoon
    Have a good weekend what’s left of it
  • Am stuffed. Spent the day dismantling some walls/windows around the spa tub we've sold so it can be removed next weekend. Up and down ladders 100 times, messy job.

Going to be sore tomorrow dagnabbit.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Watching the rain and drinking some dark and stormies. Went shopping earlier. German sausage and radio for company.
    How’s that for mundane?
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • Stevo_666
    Watching the rain and drinking some dark and stormies. Went shopping earlier. German sausage and radio for company.
    How’s that for mundane?
    Daytime drinking? - that's more Wetherspoony than mundane.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Watching the rain and drinking some dark and stormies. Went shopping earlier. German sausage and radio for company.
    How’s that for mundane?
    Can’t beat an early beer
  • Stevo_666
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    How’s that for mundane?
    Can’t beat an early beer
    I like to wait until I've stopped using the car for the day.
  • I was up and about early. In the car. I don’t know about you lot but if the car moves over the weekend it’s a fail.
    And I have music in my kitchen, so it can’t be a ‘Spoons. And I have beer mats.
    Watching water run away from your house is the best feeling ever.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • Stevo_666
    I was up and about early. In the car. I don’t know about you lot but if the car moves over the weekend it’s a fail.
    And I have music in my kitchen, so it can’t be a ‘Spoons. And I have beer mats.
    Watching water run away from your house is the best feeling ever.
    I'm the opposite with cars - mine stays parked up most of the week and mostly gets an airing on the weekend or on one of my trips North.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Finished tinkering jobs on Porker bar one or two silly jobs for me, the rest is in the hands of Mr Geo Morrison of Glasgow.
    House is empty bar the cat and I and I wish he'd stop fidgeting on my knee. Toots are off to a party. I'm playing taxi. I guess they'll come back wired.

Should have taken advantage of the early sunshine for a wobble as it's pi$$ing down again.

Might watch the more boring footy teams later. There's little on the cards tonight.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Pinno wrote:
    Finished tinkering jobs on Porker bar one or two silly jobs for me, the rest is in the hands of Mr Geo Morrison of Glasgow.
    House is empty bar the cat and I and I wish he'd stop fidgeting on my knee. Toots are off to a party. I'm playing taxi. I guess they'll come back wired.

Should have taken advantage of the early sunshine for a wobble as it's pi$$ing down again.

Might watch the more boring footy teams later. There's little on the cards tonight.

Laters.
    Now that’s mundane 8)
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:

Laters.
    Now that’s mundane 8)
    I don't think he lives near a Wetherspoons.
  • Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Laters.
    Now that’s mundane 8)
    I don't think he lives near a Wetherspoons.
    Lucky barsteward.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • hopkinb
    I like my local 'spoons. Cheap, lots of different beers. The clientele are a bit raddled, and there's a lot of mobility scooters in there. It seems to provide much the same function as a working man's club. You get all ages and all sorts in there. Admittedly, probably united in a fondness for cheap alcohol.
  • pinno
    Pinno wrote:

Laters.
    Now that’s mundane 8)

Do I win?
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    'ning

sunny start but wet roads, probably a bit of wet glass that ruined the front tyre less than 1km out, grrrr, rode it back flat, put winter wheels and pads on, did a few laps

mostly lazy day, aside from fitting a tub, used an old repaired one, seemed wisest

dinner shall be mainly beef
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Pinno wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Laters.
    Now that’s mundane 8)

Do I win?
    So far, yes. Sungod’s tale is frankly absurd.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • tlw1
    Bar set up for later, 50 odd pint keg of cider, 2 x 20 odd pint boxes of real ale, 100 bottles of lager, 20 bottles of wine and a selection of spirits for sipping and shooting.

Vinyl and cds put into alphabetical order, various food things sorted, time to party
  • TLW1 wrote:
    Bar set up for later, 50 odd pint keg of cider, 2 x 20 odd pint boxes of real ale, 100 bottles of lager, 20 bottles of wine and a selection of spirits for sipping and shooting.

Vinyl and cds put into alphabetical order, various food things sorted, time to party
    Could I get there within an hours drive? My postcode starts PO17?
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • pinno
    TLW1 wrote:

On your own again?!
  • hopkinb
    Pinno wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

On your own again?!

Damn, you beat me to it!
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

On your own again?!
    :D

I was going to be charitable and ask if it's a family dinner in tonight.
  • Stevo_666
    Anyhow, now p1ssing with rain here so luckily finished the last outdoor task just in time. In for the evening for food, strictly avoidance, wine and footy in no particular order.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    ciao

today i mostly slashed my face to bits shaving really badly then spent the rest of the day playing with Kalashnikovs. They rock.

tonight will be red wine and prep for the obvious tomorrow.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • ciao

today i mostly slashed my face to bits shaving really badly then spent the rest of the day playing with Kalashnikovs. They rock.

tonight will be red wine and prep for the obvious tomorrow.
    Get an extra layer on them boots for the BB twats, dare you.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • pinno
    He should never have been allowed to play with the razor.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    A friend's leant me his rollers, so had a proper go on them this afternoon while the Mrs was out. Had to take them outside because it was too hot, and it was still too hot outside.
    Managed not to fall off, but managed to aggregate whatever I did to my leg last week so back to limping around for a few days again.

Chicken fajitas for tea, which apparently I ruined by putting a couple of bits of chilli in it.