markyone Posts: 1,119
edited November 2018 in Road general
After constant phone calls now paid in full happy days :D:D
Colnago c60 Eps super record 11
Pinarello F8 with sram etap

Comments

• jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    Yes, sigh... similar happened to me for an item a year or so back... I was forced to refund by Paypal/Ebay.

I only buy off Ebay nowadays.
  • markyone
    markyone Posts: 1,119
    I refunded him on my own without being forced as he never received it,but because i did ebay and paypal wont step in as the item has been resolved,which was fair enough but the next day he signs for it.
    Colnago c60 Eps super record 11
    Pinarello F8 with sram etap
  • david7m
    david7m Posts: 636
    There are some scroats out there!
    Keep pestering him.
    How far away is he?
    Dave
  • akh
    akh Posts: 206
    I doubt eBay will show an interest but the buyer has probably committed a crime. I think "theft by finding" or similar. Although they've didn't actively steal your Garmin, they have kept it knowing they have no lawful claim. Maybe give the local police a bell on 101 and explain.

Years ago my brother bought a golf club on eBay. The buyer posted it to the wrong address and had to get the police involved as the occupant refused to hand it back. After a police officer turned up they changed their mind
  • timothyw
    timothyw Posts: 2,482
    I think you have to hope here that the buyer will do the honest thing and give you the money - failing that you could try small claims court, it's reasonably easy to make a claim, sounds like you have everything documented.

Really though, when sending a high value item you should make sure you send it with insurance from the courier, and not issue a refund until you have been able to claim on that insurance, as it is their mistake if they've lost or failed to deliver the parcel - you shouldn't put yourself out of pocket.
  • zeee
    zeee Posts: 103
    If you refunded him ebay/PayPal are likely to do nothing. What you are supposed to do is let him complain to PayPal, they investigate, you send them proof of postage. They see that it's all above board and refund the buyer and you keep your money so neither of you are out of pocket. You are both covered by PayPal that is why we pay the fees. You could argue your case with PayPal but I have dealt with them a lot and if you don't stick to their policies then they aren't bothered.
  • zeee
    zeee Posts: 103
    I know it doesn't help now but in future let paypal do the refunding that's what they are there for.
  • If he has said he will pay, then be courteous and ask when he will pay. You could report him to ActionFraud but not likely for any action to be taken. Paypal/ eBay wont do anything.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Zeee wrote:
    I know it doesn't help now but in future let paypal do the refunding that's what they are there for.
    That's what the fees are for :D
  • having experienced similar in the past i always send with insurance included