Where does the Fox Rhythm fork fit in the hierarchy?

steve_sordy
steve_sordy Posts: 2,443
edited November 2018 in MTB buying advice
I keep coming across bikes fitted with the Fox Rhythm fork, so far I've only seen it in the 34mm stanchion size, as in "Fox 34 Rhythm".

I can Google as good as the next person, but has anybody actually got a Fox Rhythm? How does it compare with other forks? Where on the Fox fork hierarchy does it fit? Above or below the Fox 34 Performance for example? :)

Comments

• moonshine
    moonshine Posts: 1,021
    AFAIK its the 'Entry" level Fox fork - seems to gets good reviews and is OEM.
    https://mbaction.com/fox-float-34-rhythm-fork-test/
  • steve_sordy
    steve_sordy Posts: 2,443
    Yep, I'd seen that review. I also found this on Singletrack, posted by Bagstard

"I have rythm’s on my Sonder transmitter, very impresed, especially at the price I paid. Not noticed any flex issues, but they are only 130mm travel, I would certainly buy them again. They haven’t been used on rocky trails, only rooty woodland, but whilst riding them I haven’t given them a second thought, they just do their job quietly, not divey, not harsh, not spikey, feel similar to my pikes and x-fusion slides."

Based on those two reports, it seems that they are good but slightly heavier than the usual Fox 34 chassis, but not noticeable on the trail. What leads you to the conclusion that they are entry level?
  • moonshine
    moonshine Posts: 1,021
    " Entry level" for fox is still pretty good! they appear on bikes at a price point below the performance 34 or factory 34 forks & my new Giant Trance comes with them. ;)