Wednesday, kicking down the cobblestones.

hopkinb
hopkinb Posts: 7,129
edited November 2018 in The bottom bracket
Where tf is tout le monde?

I'm damp.

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Offices far away from home - wife back later so I can eat properly again
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Soggy under foot and a it blowy, not hibernating just not running at full power till coffee has been located.

Testing comms today weathers a bit rubbish in Sau Paulo which is causing merry hell with some kit. Also more plotting doing stupid bicycle related things.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Bloody moist here too an' all. And it's set to get worse.
    Bloody Atlantic lows.

Looks like indoor pedalling for me, again.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, a lousy morning here, wet and windy
    Looks like I will be indoor cycling later as well
  • Well, a cheery lot you all are....

Took the new dog for a walk....
    44849791515_d0a6a7973d_z.jpg

Along the road and down this access to the boat ramp..
    45038252584_317bed3e3c_z.jpg

Then along this stretch of the beach...

45038245094_4950841035_z.jpg

Which was quite nice really, even if it was a bit windy...
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,162
    hopkinb wrote:

I'm damp.
    Earning money to pay tax to fund all the slackers - or in our case... :)

Busy morning. Trying to build a business case to stop senior management from going down a particularly stupid course of action which has a strong tax angle. I'm up to nearly £80m in incremental costs and going for the hundred mill - just need to refine my assumptions a wee bit :twisted:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    just need to refine my assumptions a wee bit :twisted:
    The goal seek button in Excel?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    just need to refine my assumptions a wee bit :twisted:
    The goal seek button in Excel?
    Tell me more as I'm no excel techy. I usually just treat numbers like people - torture 'em enough and they'll tell you anything you want to hear :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    hopkinb wrote:

I'm damp.
    Workin'
    Also slightly moist. Got a little damp wobbling in, dried off then got rained on going to get lunch. Should be dry fairly soon so I can get wet again going home. Today being Wednesday I will of course be off to the pub later.
    Nice dog Spinner, not commenting on anything else in your pictures because I'd just sulk. It certainly doesn't look like a wet Hanworth.
  • thistle_
    V68 - were you after a reasonably priced Mk12 joystick? http://www.wiggle.co.uk/exposure-joysti ... -mounts-1/
    Wiggle seem to have found some behind a filing cabinet for Black Friday.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Pinno wrote:
    Bloody moist here too an' all. And it's set to get worse.
    Bloody Atlantic lows.

Looks like indoor pedalling for me, again.

Laters.

Fcuking lightweight! Get yer ar5e out on the bike.
    Out for a couple of hours today. Weather ranged from torrential rain and gusty to a bright sunny autumn day. Highlights of the ride were a double rainbow and kingfishers..er..fishing on the Penk. Beautiful little critters.
  • ballysmate
    Used the absence of Mrs BM this afternoon to put my winter cycling shoes through the washing machine.
    I know I can rely on you lads not to blab.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,433
    'noon

gloomy day here

sadly our adopted pussycat died yesterday, mrs s distraught, as am i

sigh
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • pinno
    sungod wrote:
    'noon

gloomy day here

sigh

You did your best. Be satisfied that you her a good home for the last bit of her life.
    Get another one.

£10 or i'll tell missus Bally.
  • ballysmate
    sungod wrote:
    'noon

gloomy day here

sigh

Sorry about the pussycat Sungod, very sad.
    2 years ago I had to take our pusscat on the one way journey to the vet. Heartbreaking holding her and seeing her trusting eyes as the vet did the deed. Can still hear the little yelp she gave as the needle went in.
    Sad indeed, SG
  • ballysmate
    Pinno, I'm not worried about you. I think you could be classed as an unreliable source.
  • pinno
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Pinno, I'm not worried about you. I think you could be classed as an unreliable source.

Alright, £5.
  • Stevo_666
    Yay, got to £105m. My job today is done...
  • veronese68
    V68 - were you after a reasonably priced Mk12 joystick? http://www.wiggle.co.uk/exposure-joysti ... -mounts-1/
    Wiggle seem to have found some behind a filing cabinet for Black Friday.
    I think I was just lusting after the carbon one HM mentioned. I’ve got an older Joystick, 4 I think. Use it through the summer and a Strada in winter. Great lights but ferociously expensive at list. Think both of mine were half price.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Sad news about the cat sungod.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    hopkinb wrote:
    Plus potatoe - never nice
  • pinno
    edited November 2018
    Stevo 666 wrote:

I don't understand. Aren't you supposed to reduce the figures?
    Or is it that a higher taxable amount then manipulated by yourselves to look much better than it was supposed to look because the original figures are inflated and the final tax bill looks better because of the contrast?

Pinno's Jackanory #6

My brother broke down in the Dartford tunnel sometime in '85.
    The silly f*cker (I mean kindly gentleman) used his bumper to tie the rope around his car for towing. The bumper came off.
    We went around to see him (in Hackney)...
    "[sharp intake of breath] The damage to my car runs into 'undreds, needs wewding, a new bumper, some paint and brackets..."
    Brother "How much?"
    Diamond Geezer: "[Even bigger sharp intake of breath].. Ooh, [shake of head] £500 to £600"
    Brother: [Shakes head in disbelief]
    Long silence.
    Diamond Geezer: "It's a good job I got a mate in the trade, lets call it £50 shall we?"

Brother concedes knowing that it would have cost a lot more to get towed out by some outfit. He also knowingly makes the observation:
    "...a friend in the a scrap yard, £5 for or a few pints and an old bumper to replace the one that was bent if he didn't straighten it out... £40 in his back pocket."
    Because the original figure of 'undreds of paaans is a softener and the £50 figure removes all doubt that a court proceeding is looming.

So you see? Stevo is just a glorified salesman.
  • veronese68
    TLW1 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Plus potatoe - never nice
    Indeed, missed that whilst answering about the lights.
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

I don't understand. Aren't you supposed to reduce the figures?
    Or is it that a higher taxable amount then manipulated by yourselves to look much better than it was supposed to look because the original figures are inflated and the final tax bill looks better because of the contrast?
    I'm just saving them money. The conversation will go a bit like this 'I've looked at your plan and if you want to do things like that, this is how much its going to cost you. So don't do it, you ****wits.' The last sentence is implied, obviously.

So I'll save them over £100m just like that. Assuming that they aren't complete ****wits...
  • Stevo_666
    Pet condolences SG :( . Missed it as well until now.
  • pinno
    Well, it's just loose change innit?
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Well, it's just loose change innit?
    Actually that's quite material for us. Which is why I'm doing such a good job of padding out the figures to put them off screwing things up, in a way that I can justify if needed :)
  • thistle_
    sungod wrote:
    Sorry to hear. At least he was well looked after you took him in.