Daddy day care Tuesday

tlw1
tlw1 Posts: 21,831
edited November 2018 in The bottom bracket
WFH today as the wife is away tonight

Meant a slow start and a decent walk with the hound. Later is intervals and then slow cooked ham (wife is putting it in the bottom oven this morning)

Comments

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Had an off on the way into work, it's only a graze but I've had enough of today already :(
  • tlw1
    Had an off on the way into work, it's only a graze but I've had enough of today already :(
    Bike ok?

It was slippy out last night, had to look out of the passenger window a few times to look forward
  • thistle_
    TLW1 wrote:
    Bike ok?
    Yeah I think so, I was on my old MTB so it's used to crashing. Luckily it didn't slide off the edge of the deck into the river if you know where I'm talking about :roll:
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Where tf is everybody?
    Now I know TLW is at home, I may annoy him.

It's dull. Nuff said. Will be doing some remedial work post pointing on roof edge. Then sauna.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    I'm hungry, as per.

A visit from the president of GJC today. So some blurb, followed by some canapes and some booze. I expect I'll skip the booze.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    Busy and was hungry until just now. Best to eat before I post as I don't like posting in a bad mood. Lots on but luckily I'm not getting blamed for anything - so far.

Decent ride in though despite a spot of bad luck with traffic lights.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    Afternoon all

Not much to report here but i'll give it a go anyway!
    Pretty dull, looks like it is about to rain as i need to head out of the office for a bit too!
    Loud typing guy is still alive (7 working days in now so i think he may survive!)
    That's basically it - quiet in here today.
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Afternoon, fun morning at the doctors after getting my blood test results, apparently I'm very run down and low on lots of things. Not signed off work just told to take it easy take pills and not get stressed. Yeah that wont work!

Wobbled back from them via gregs found out the bottle holder takes a coffee nicely an no spills, so baguette in one coffee the other so thats one to remember. Much moaning to South Americans today, thankfully my angry Spanish finally has a use.
    Home later remove the remnants from some fireworks off the cars an play with the leaf blower.
  • thistle_
    Step83 wrote:
    Wobbled back from them via gregs found out the bottle holder takes a coffee nicely an no spills,
    The one on the seat tube or the one on the down tube?
    I've managed tea on the down tube, but in one of those sealed travel mugs so no spillage issues.
  • tlw1
    Today just improved, signed for a package from rapha that I didn’t order and feels a lot like the coat I tried on last week :)
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Afternoon. Night mtb ride tonight which will be good, packed a head torch for the hound also. Think I'll need to get some work done this evening post ride though. Shame about the crash Thistle, I nearly went under a pickup truck on Sunday because the farmer pulled out of his farmyard onto the public road without looking. He wouldn't have locked up and slid so far if he hadn't coated the entire road in sh1t with his stupid fuvking machines though...
  • step83
    Step83 wrote:
    Wobbled back from them via gregs found out the bottle holder takes a coffee nicely an no spills,
    The one on the seat tube or the one on the down tube?
    I've managed tea on the down tube, but in one of those sealed travel mugs so no spillage issues.

Indeed the seat tube, down tube was a touch risky though to be fair the route is pretty smooth which helps. A travel mug would make more sense to be honest or even the thermal elite one I have, but I didnt think ahead.

Debating doing something a bit silly I'm breaking down my old endruo bike which has a SRAM X7 and a dirty great 11-42T cassette, do I chuck it on the commuter bike for semi trouble free riding?
  • pinno
    Step83 wrote:
    [Debating doing something a bit silly I'm breaking down my old endruo bike which has a SRAM X7 and a dirty great 11-42T cassette, do I chuck it on the commuter bike for semi trouble free riding?

For what exactly? Pedalling at 160 rpm along the road travelling at 2mph?
  • step83
    Pinno wrote:
    Step83 wrote:
    [Debating doing something a bit silly I'm breaking down my old endruo bike which has a SRAM X7 and a dirty great 11-42T cassette, do I chuck it on the commuter bike for semi trouble free riding?

Exactly! An ill try doing it without bobbing up an down! Theres no huge reason to do it bar my current rear cassettes about had it, an the one off the other bike will be doing naff all so it would be an easy change over.
  • tlw1
    Pinno wrote:
    Step83 wrote:

A race you could win, probably
  • pinno
    TLW1 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Step83 wrote:

A race you could win, probably

I'm trying hard to think where I might have a slender advantage...