monday raw meat thrash

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,522
edited November 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

early espressos and nibbles in the eurostar lounge, off to meet with some of my euro chaps, discuss some stuff we're doing for gmc punters of gmc punter of gmc

il est bon de tuer de temps en temps pour encourager les autres, needn't be admirals at all

then ta ta, then tartare
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,143
    Morning

Have woken up with a sore head, no alcohol was involved. Hopefully a quick bike ride will clear it.

Have got a meeting with a client and some others later, could get interesting but that's the day sorted. Might see if I can roll down on my bike instead of walking.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    Work meh, might try the bike later
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Work. Busy formulating a plan to become supreme ruler of the company after a vacancy opened up. Met in a layby on Friday night to secure the support of my line manager. All very exciting... Unfortunately I have a ton of proper work to be doing also, looking forward to the weekend, might take friday off
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    HaydenM wrote:
    Work. Busy formulating a plan to become supreme ruler of the company after a vacancy opened up. Met in a layby on Friday night to secure the support of my line manager. All very exciting... Unfortunately I have a ton of proper work to be doing also, looking forward to the weekend, might take friday off

Because that does not sound at all suspicious!

Dull one here cloudy but sunny, though cant work out where the suns coming from so its probably a lie. Casual wobble in on shiny No.2 bike I got bored an polished the hell out of the bars an stem so probably good its cloudy.
    Otherwise a rather meh day, quite warm for November, but meh.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Step83 wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:

We did happen to be at the layby at the end of a work meeting anyway but that doesn't sound as exciting... Someone important has handed their notice in and I want the job, unfortunately it's against the back drop of a mid merger power struggle at many different levels (which I don't want to be involved in). It's basically the cold war, I should write a novel.
  • thistle_
    Hmm. County Council have just decided that the whole of the south of the county is going to become a 20mph zone because it will make people walk or cycle more.

Filling in the potholes and building some pavements (and fewer cars parked on them) would work better.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,320
    Step83 wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:

We have no idea of what actually might need to happen/be done to get that promotion.

Drizzly, mild and very grey-misty smurry.

Gah. I'm hungry again. I have no idea why. I haven't eaten for at least 30 minutes.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,522
    pleasantly sunny here

going to plan, said ta ta, then had tartare, et les bières, followed up with mini madeleines and espresso in lounge, wondering if i can down the onboard nosh et les vins without bursting
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Evening folks,
    Busy day today which is good, unfortunately it was working which will upset Piña. Off out to the pub for beer and pizza shortly with the family.
  • pinno
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Evening folks,
    Busy day today which is good, unfortunately it was working which will upset Piña.

If it doesn't upset you as well, then there's something definitely wrong.
    Did you get promoted upwards or sideways?
  • veronese68
    Sideways, at my request. Sick to death of customers nd some aspects of management.
    Thankfully rid of the things that annoyed me, busier but less grief.
  • pinno
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Sideways, at my request. Sick to death of customers nd some aspects of management.

A change is as good as arrest.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,457
    Hmm. County Council have just decided that the whole of the south of the county is going to become a 20mph zone because it will make people walk or cycle more.

Filling in the potholes and building some pavements (and fewer cars parked on them) would work better.
    Time to move. We only tolerate these tree hugging 20 zones because its usually faster than the traffic speed most of the time.

Busy day here as well and quite productive too. Pinno won't like me for that.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Time to move. .
    Working on it. This is the place where they are taking grant money for cycling, to rip up cycle lanes...

Rushed home from work for a webex thing, but looks like the organiser hasn't turned up.
  • veronese68
    Pinno wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    A change is as good as arrest.
    No arrests as no meeting in lay-bys.
  • big_harv
    big_harv Posts: 512
    sungod wrote:
    pleasantly sunny here

going to plan, said ta ta, then had tartare, et les bières, followed up with mini madeleines and espresso in lounge, wondering if i can down the onboard nosh et les vins without bursting

You been on Rue Dunquerqe again?

I think the Eurostar on board nosh has been very poor this year. Going to have a word actually.