Humber rides and beyond!

Aaron1979
Aaron1979 Posts: 7
edited December 2018 in MTB rides
Hey.

Looking for fellow mountain bikers for Fri afternoon, Sat and possible Sunday rides in and around north Lincolnshire. Also north of the Humber...Welton, Brantingham, Southcave etc. About 20 to 40 miles.

Happy to go further afield..Moors and Peaks (dalby and pines too) as know it's gonna start getting claggy locally as winter draws in.

Let me know. :D

Comments

• Aaron1979 wrote:
    Hey.

Looking for fellow mountain bikers for Fri afternoon, Sat and possible Sunday rides in and around north Lincolnshire. Also north of the Humber...Welton, Brantingham, Southcave etc. About 20 to 40 miles.

Happy to go further afield..Moors and Peaks (dalby and pines too) as know it's gonna start getting claggy locally as winter draws in.

Hi Aaron,

I live near the bridge and often go to KORC in Kirton Lyndsey on an evening or Saturday

Usually the Pines, Dalby or Gisburn on a Sunday
    Bossnut V2
    Levo FSR Comp
  • 898kor wrote:
    Aaron1979 wrote:
    Hey.

Hi Aaron,

I live near the bridge and often go to KORC in Kirton Lyndsey on an evening or Saturday

Usually the Pines, Dalby or Gisburn on a Sunday
    Bossnut V2
    Levo FSR Comp
  • @Aaron1979:

Look out for the guided ride around Sherwood Pines on Sun 30/9. See here:
    viewtopic.php?f=10014&t=13094429
  • Cheers Steve. Have seen that post about pines. Quite fancy it. Will know nearer time if can make it this time or not.

Are you north or south of the water 898kor? I moved over the south side a year ago...nice to have local trails on my door step. I've been to korc once last year...was ok. Have been meaning to pop back to see how trails have improved. Didn't know was open on an evening?! Gisburn is still one I need to do...hully gully looks awesome. Have you done much up on North Yorkshire Moors? Lastingham/Rosedale is one of my favourites. Great riding any time of the year!
  • Aaron1979 wrote:
    Cheers Steve. Have seen that post about pines. Quite fancy it. Will know nearer time if can make it this time or not.

I'll put you down as a possible. :)
  • 898kor
    898kor Posts: 81
    Aaron1979 wrote:
    Cheers Steve. Have seen that post about pines. Quite fancy it. Will know nearer time if can make it this time or not.

Are you north or south of the water 898kor? I moved over the south side a year ago...nice to have local trails on my door step. I've been to korc once last year...was ok. Have been meaning to pop back to see how trails have improved. Didn't know was open on an evening?! Gisburn is still one I need to do...hully gully looks awesome. Have you done much up on North Yorkshire Moors? Lastingham/Rosedale is one of my favourites. Great riding any time of the year!

South side also Aaron.
    Yeah, if you join KORC for £25 per year you can use them at night also - just need a good front light! Trails are much improved from last year and much more effort going into new ones.

Gisburn is by far my favourite, went there yesterday, its quite awkward to get to from our neck of the woods, good roads for the first hour then after that I cant seem to find a way which is not lanes to town to town - still worth it. Hully gully is excellent.

Not done much on the york moors but interested to do so, have being doing more at the peaks recently.
    Bossnut V2
    Levo FSR Comp
  • I've only been to korc the once. Was good for quick blast round. They wasn't doing the night rides then. Gonna look into that. I've just been given a front light so gonna head out tomorrow to try it out. Never tried night riding but something wanted to do for few years now.

Love the peaks only done the lady bower route a few years a go and one off Derwent edge. Keep saying need to get back there. There's few good ones on moors...some best in drier months but some all year round ones. Do you go out riding local much evenings or weekends? Defo need to get out more.