2018 Enduro Elite

marcarm
marcarm Posts: 134
edited November 2018 in Your mountain bikes
WBjaljZ.jpg

FRAME FACT 9m carbon front chassis w/ Specialized M5 Aluminum rear end, X-Wing layout, All Mountain Geometry, SWAT? Door integration, threaded BB, fully enclosed internal cable routing, ManFu link, oversized pivot bearings, alloy link and adjustable shock extension, 12x148mm dropouts, replaceable derailleur hanger, 170mm of travel
FORK Ohlins RXF 36, 27.5, Single-Tube design, air spring w/ adjustable 3rd chamber, adjustable low-speed compression, adjustable rebound, 15x110mm thru-axle, 46mm offset, 170mm of travel
REAR SHOCK RockShox Monarch Plus w/ AUTOSAG, 3-position compression adjust, rebound adjust, custom tune, 57.1x215.9mm
FRONT HUB Specialized, sealed cartridge bearings, 15x110mm spacing, 24h
REAR HUB DT Swiss 350, Star Ratchet, 36t engagement, SRAM XD driver body, 12mm thru-axle, 148mm spacing, 28h
SPOKES DT Swiss Revolution
RIMS Roval Traverse 27.5, hookless alloy, 29mm inner width, 24/28h, tubeless ready
INNER TUBES Standard, Presta valve
FRONT TYRE Butcher, GRID casing, Gripton compound, 2Bliss Ready, 27.5 x 2.6"
REAR TYRE Butcher, GRID casing, Gripton compound, 2Bliss Ready, 27.5 x 2.6"
CRANKSET Race Face Aeffect alloy crank, 24mm spindle, 30t direct mount ring, 6000 series alloy
CHAINRINGS Steel, 30T
BOTTOM BRACKET Threaded BB, 24mm spindle
SHIFT LEVERS SRAM GX, trigger, 11-speed
REAR DERAILLEUR SRAM GX, long cage, 11-speed
CASSETTE SRAM XG 1150, 11-speed, 10-42t
CHAIN KMC X11, 11-speed w/ Missing Link?
FRONT BRAKE SRAM Code R, 4-piston caliper, hydraulic disc, metallic pads, 200mm rotor
REAR BRAKE SRAM Code R, 4-piston caliper, hydraulic disc, metallic pads, 180mm rotor
HANDLEBARS Specialized DH, 7050 alloy, 8-degree backsweep, 6-degree upsweep, 27mm rise, 800mm, 31.8mm clamp
GRIPS Specialized Sip Grip, half-waffle, S/M: regular thickness, L/XL: XL thickness
STEM Specialized Trail, 3D forged alloy, 4-bolt, 6-degree rise
SADDLE Body Geometry Henge Comp, hollow Cr-Mo rails, 143mm
SEATPOST Command Post IRcc, 12-position micro-height adjustable, alien head design, bottom mount cable routing, remote adjust SRL lever, 30.9mm, S: 100mm, M/L/XL: 125mm of travel
SEAT BINDER Alloy, 38.6mm

Comments

• steve_sordy
    steve_sordy Posts: 2,446
    That bike is a great bike for those whose body geometry fit it and I wish you every joy with the bike. :D

I have always been in touch with my feminine side, but pink? Really? :shock:

I have no idea how any female and/or colour blind mtb riders there are out there vs the total community, but surely that reduces your market when you come to sell on? :(

Or are you planning on repainting it before sale?

Even if you are female, self assigned as female, in touch with your feminine side, or just colour blind; my advice stands.
  • marcarm
    marcarm Posts: 134
    I won't be selling it on, this is my forever bike as it were.

I love it, I love the colour scheme, it's more neon pink in the flesh (carbon).

I had the 2015 version and loved it, so I am pretty sure I'm going to be loving this on as much.
  • steve_sordy
    marcarm wrote:
    I won't be selling it on, this is my forever bike as it were.

I love it, I love the colour scheme, it's more neon pink in the flesh (carbon).

I had the 2015 version and loved it, so I am pretty sure I'm going to be loving this on as much.

I'm happy for you, really.

I have had a few forever bikes. They tend to last three years max and then technology overtakes them, or cool developments (whatever). But the biggest reason for me falling out of love with a bike has been my own personal development. Mostly it has been me becoming a better rider and developing increasing ambitions to ride further, faster, or rougher. Unfortunately, latterly it has been my physical deterioration (knees). This has led to me selling my YT Capra and not replacing it. Right now my latest forever bike (2 years in a few weeks) is looking at replacement by an eBike early next year! :shock: They are so expensive that I'm taking loads of time to think about it and to test them out; what fun! There is a poor second hand market so it will have to be my new "forever bike" for quite a while. (I'll give it 3 years max. :) )
  • 1986sv
    1986sv Posts: 83
    This is lovely, the colourway is awesome.

Whatever the 'advice' referenced above is, ignore it.
  • steve_sordy
    1986sv wrote:

Whatever the 'advice' referenced above is, ignore it.

Everyone is of course completely free to ignore my advice. They can even tell me that they are going to ignore and it will not bother me in the slightest. I post under my own name and I mean what I say and it is said without malice. :)
  • slc123
    slc123 Posts: 407
    Aesthetics are always going to be subjective, so no one is going to agree there. I personally don't like the pink, but it looks pretty good in terms of it's setup and components. From my perspective I don't think forever bikes exist, not for me anyway. Too impatient and always wanting more!
    Cannondale Trail 27.5 | 2015
    Titus El Chulo 27.5 | 2017
    Trek Slash 9 27.5 | 2015 (building)
  • sniper68
    sniper68 Posts: 2,910
    I've always like that Enduro frame.
    I had 02,04,06,08 Enduros and was going to buy one in 2011 but opted to build a NP Mega instead.I liked the Mega but fell out with MTBing.I often wonder if that would still be the case had I gone with an Enduro instead.
    Anyway I digress.Nice looking bike,Pink isn't for me but it's not my bike.I always like the Black/Yellow Enduro Evo colour scheme 8)
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    Nice bike.
    I had a Stumpjumper FSR and considered an Enduro when I changed bikes a couple of years ago but discounted it as it was too much bike for my intended use (trails mainly with visits to trail centres) and went for a Trance.

Colour is irrelevant when it is covered in mud. :)

What happened to the Enduro you bought a couple of months ago?
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009