Etape Loch Ness 2019

dmont
dmont Posts: 74
I've been wanting to do this ride for a good number of years now & finally decided to bite the bullet and sign up for 2019.
It sold out really fast but I managed to get in :D

Time to get the turbo trainer going & hopefully I'll be fit for the ride.

Anyone else going ?

Dmont
Riding - Voodoo Bantu

Comments

• dmont
    dmont Posts: 74
    Cheers oxo.

Thankfully I’ve lived in Inverness for the past 8 years so accommodation isn’t an issue.
    Every year the Etape has been on I’ve wished I took part but I’ve only had a mountain bike until recently.

The route the Etape takes is fantastic but there’s no way on earth I’m riding it until the event and the road being closed to traffic.
    Training will be on the mountain bike out on the trails and the road bike on the turbo trainer as I hate cycling the roads around here.

Good luck with the C2C, that looks like a nice ride !
    Riding - Voodoo Bantu
  • We're back again because it's such a great wee event.

Not many sportives sell out in just over two days, especially ones in the far north of the UK, but over five and a half thousand riders really want to do it every year.

We've booked an Airbnb on Huntley Street, so it's out the front door and we're practically at the start line!
  • oxoman wrote:
    Can't see why you wouldn't do it at weekends as seems nice enough route.

The A82 (the road to the north of the loch) is not a nice road when it's open to traffic. It's the 'scenic' route for tourists and coaches. None of the folk I know up there use it unless it's really necessary.
  • oxoman wrote:
    Can't see why you wouldn't do it at weekends as seems nice enough route.

The A82 (the road to the north of the loch) is not a nice road when it's open to traffic. It's the 'scenic' route for tourists and coaches. None of the folk I know up there use it unless it's really necessary.

Too right - 13 years living up there and I never once attempted that road by bike - far too many people driving with their eyes on the Loch for starters. Many many fabulous roads without needing to go on that one.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH