2018/2019 Crux is a rebranded 2015 tarmac?

dwhite14
dwhite14 Posts: 2
edited November 2018 in Cyclocross
I'm the owner of a 2018 crux and am loving it. It's capable as a cyclocross, gravel, or a road bike. I couldn't help but notice however, that on a recent road group ride I saw a guy riding a 2015 tarmac that bore a striking resemblance to my bike. From the seat stays to the lines on the head tube I couldn't ignore how similar his bike was in appearance to mine.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Comments

• asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    It's probably the kink / curve of the top tube that makes them look similar.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    dwhite14 wrote:
    I'm the owner of a 2018 crux and am loving it. It's capable as a cyclocross, gravel, or a road bike. I couldn't help but notice however, that on a recent road group ride I saw a guy riding a 2015 tarmac that bore a striking resemblance to my bike. From the seat stays to the lines on the head tube I couldn't ignore how similar his bike was in appearance to mine.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Quite obviously, the Tarmac does not accept 32mm cross tyres, but I don’t know why it would surprise you that race-level models in Specialized’s range would have a similar look and feel..