BC/CRC 10% now £10?

sniper68
sniper68 Posts: 2,910
edited November 2018 in Road buying advice
Has anyone else noticed that British Cycling's CRC discount is now £10 not 10%?
When did this happen?
I know from 01/10/18 you have to download a 10% voucher for Halfords but didn't notice the change at CRC.

Comments

• Part of the 1/10 changes, a whole £10 off a £150+ basket.

Apparently there are now limitations on when you can use the 10% discount at Halfords and you cannot simply turn up to collect to get the discount by showing your card, you need to get a code from the British Cycling site to take with you too.

And I don't expect the recent 10% discount we've recently had at Evans to last long, after the Sports Direct takeover announcement yesterday.
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • sniper68
    Part of the 1/10 changes.

Apparently there are now limitations on when you can use the 10% discount at Halfords and you cannot simply turn up to collect to get the discount by showing your card, you need to get a code from the British Cycling site to take with you too.
    Just spoke to a mate,who work at Halfords,and you can download/screenshot the voucher(lasts a month) to your phone and use that,no need to keep printing one off.It's now usable on Cycling stuff only.He says the barcode will be the same every month so you might get away with one download/screenshot rather than updating every month.
  • lakesluddite
    lakesluddite Posts: 1,337
    Yeah, it was on a BC email newsletter a while back. Funny thing is they spun it like it was a good thing, rather than a backwards step (well I suppose they don't want people to defect to Cycling UK!)
  • sniper68
    Yeah, it was on a BC email newsletter a while back. Funny thing is they spun it like it was a good thing, rather than a backwards step (well I suppose they don't want people to defect to Cycling UK!)
    Cycling UK don't offer CRC discount according to their website?
  • I showed my BC card while buying some non-cycling stuff from Halfords at the weekend and was told that it's now just cycling stuff that gets the discount.

I buy* a fair bit of non-cycling gear from Halfords so the 10% off was a real perk of BC membership.

* or should I say "used to buy"
  • Sniper68 wrote:

No, I know, but they do have discounts on other things that may become more attractive as the member benefits at BC become less so.
  • sniper68
    Sniper68 wrote:

No, I know, but they do have discounts on other things that may become more attractive as the member benefits at BC become less so.
    Worth looking into.
    My son has to be a BC(race) member as he races,I don't so am free to explore other options 8)