Russians or Saudis

shirley_basso
shirley_basso Posts: 6,195
edited November 2018 in The cake stop
Who’s better at media control (convincing lies)

Comments

• Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    russians control it saudis just don't allow it. two different things.

i'd say dotard the sexual abuser is miles ahead on the lies.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • shirley_basso
    shirley_basso Posts: 6,195
    edited October 2018
    Well the Saudis appear to have murdered a Turkish journalist in their own embassy, which the Saudis deny.

Russians send spies across the globe to murder defectors.

Dotard just says fake news.
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    Well the Saudis appear to have murdered a Turkish journalist in their own embassy, which the Saudi's deny.

are you sure he wasn't a Saudi journalist?
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • Apologies. Perhaps he was a Saudi national, but in Turkey, in the Saudi Embassy?
  • FocusZing
    FocusZing Posts: 4,373
    What makes Putin and Trump such carismatic intelligent people?

I just think it's in the DNA, some people are just born for greatness.
  • john80
    john80 Posts: 2,965
    The Russians have fallen foul of their current predicament. The internet and hackers has made it more difficult to take the Russian approach of "wasn't me". In the good old days no one would ever find out you gave the Salisbury tourist a medal in your current job that you are now saying he is just a tourist. Only the thick skinned need apply for the united nations as everyone laughing at your fanciful story has got to be a bit hurtful if you cared at all about credibility.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,593
    john80 wrote:
    The Russians have fallen foul of their current predicament. The internet and hackers has made it more difficult to take the Russian approach of "wasn't me". In the good old days no one would ever find out you gave the Salisbury tourist a medal in your current job that you are now saying he is just a tourist. Only the thick skinned need apply for the united nations as everyone laughing at your fanciful story has got to be a bit hurtful if you cared at all about credibility.
    I am awaiting the "Meh, what are you going to do about it?" response.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • PBlakeney wrote:
    john80 wrote:

I think they assumed that we understood that when they chose their method
  • Vino'sGhost
    Vino'sGhost Posts: 4,129
    PBlakeney wrote:
    john80 wrote:

I think they assumed that we understood that when they chose their method

This
  • robert88
    robert88 Posts: 2,696
    Well the Saudis appear to have murdered a Turkish journalist in their own embassy, which the Saudis deny.

Washington, DC - A bipartisan and influential group of US senators called on President Donald Trump to investigate and potentially sanction Saudi Arabia under US human rights law for the disappearance and alleged murder of Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi.
    "If there is more evidence, and as one would expect, it turns out he was actually killed deliberately, I think it is going to be a turning point in how American political elites view Saudi Arabia. It is going to be a game-changer in perception," Shibley Telhami, a pollster at the University of Maryland, told Al Jazeera.
    Trump recently embarrassed the Saudis saying in US political rallies the monarchy is propped up by US military power and "wouldn't last two weeks" without US support.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2018/10/ ... 18573.html
    Istanbul, Turkey - President Donald Trump said he has spoken to officials at the highest level in Saudi Arabia about the disappearance of Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi and wants the United States to get to the bottom of the matter.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2018/10/ ... 18573.html
  • R4 today has a guest analyst who stated usa needed Saudis less than Saudis need usa and if the royal family decides it was a strategic mistake to n assassinate the journalist then that doesn't bode well for the prince's chances of assuming power. Or words to that effect.

Basically us republicans are calling for action over this. If they're doing that then you bet it's serious mistake for the Prince. Republicans are actually calling for sanctions I heard.

I suspect there could be a bit of a shuffling of the decks in Saudi Arabia again once the dust has settled. Afterall the way the political power is set up over there you only get the top job if you have the right support. If that goes you're in trouble. I doubt any crown prince would stand long if key family members were subject to us sanctions. Hit their money they'll hit back.
  • interesting articles, thanks.

Saudi Royal family does like the odd disappearance.

Pretty revolting / archaic regime. However, their fairly no-nonsense style of government does seem to keep the peace out there, all the while funding the most conservative Islam 'schools'. 15/19 hijackers from the 9/11 attacks were originally from Saudi Arabia.
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    Don’t forget the atrocities the Saudis are committing in the Yemen, the regime of prince Mohammed promised a lot in the early days with some of its social reforms. The west will brush over this, governments need their oil dollars too much.
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • America becoming more self sufficient in hydrocarbons might make for a good time for them to do something about the Saudis regime. Afterall it was a British initiated regime I believe so appropriate that America sorts it out. Sort of old empire new empire thing. Then China can take over when it assumes the top dog role.
  • pblakeney
    Rumour has it that the Saudis will finally admit to killing him.
    By “accident during interrogations”. Will leave more questions than answers.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Don’t forget the atrocities the Saudis are committing in the Yemen, the regime of prince Mohammed promised a lot in the early days with some of its social reforms. Trump will brush over this, he needs their oil dollars too much.

FTFY - hope that's ok.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Rumour has it that the Saudis will finally admit to killing him.
    By “accident during interrogations”. Will leave more questions than answers.

Presumably he was also "dismembered by accident" as well. These things happen. Normal day at the office etc (at least if you are Saudi).
    Faster than a tent.......
  • Well the Saudis appear to have murdered a Turkish journalist in their own embassy, which the Saudis deny.

Trump's fake news agenda silences and discredits dissent, things like the disenfranchisement of large sections of voters in the US, his desire for the removal of fixed term presidency and limits to the number of times an individual can stand for the office, his admiration for dictators shows where he stands on democracy. Once that is out of the way he can behave exactly like the Russians and Saudis (and don't forget the Chinese).

Really hope the US doesn't allow that to happen. Not overly hopeful because a lot of people seem to think this isn't an issue and keep supporting him.
  • pblakeney
    Coming to the conclusion that like the Russians, the Saudis know they’ve been caught but don’t care. He died under interrogation but they don’t know where the body is?
    Did he make a break for it after being killed?
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • Don't be daft! He walked out under his own steam. There's cctv footage to prove it. The rest is fake news.
  • FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    I think that you will find that the Saudis and Israelis have identical processes so let us not get too partisan.

The scotch are the best for media control, fake messaging and adumbration (look it up) and they wear skirts. And I was born there so - FACT leaving aside the obvious tautology.
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll:
  • robert88
    FishFish wrote:
    I think that you will find that the Saudis and Israelis have identical processes so let us not get too partisan.

The scotch are the best for media control, fake messaging and adumbration (look it up) and they wear skirts. And I was born there so - FACT leaving aside the obvious tautology.

Being born in a stable doesn't make you a horse!
  • pblakeney
    Robert88 wrote:
    FishFish wrote:

Also, no Scotsman would ever refer to themselves as “scotch”.
    That’s a drink.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • dinyull
    dinyull Posts: 2,979
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Coming to the conclusion that like the Russians, the Saudis know they’ve been caught but don’t care. He died under interrogation but they don’t know where the body is?
    Did he make a break for it after being killed?

Of course they don't. What are people going to do, they've got most govts over a barrel or F-15.

If anything this general reaction will spur them on.
  • FishFish
    Robert88 wrote:
    FishFish wrote:

Statistically it does.

• FishFish
    PBlakeney wrote:
    That’s a drink.

I was born in Fort William (Fort Bill to us scotch) and grew up in Eocher ( Iochdar to the true scotch) / Inverness and my Alma Mater is The University. (That is how us scotch refer to Glasgow University).

Your sexist remark discriminates against scotch 'women' and you can wonder why I've encapsulated the object but I as a European dismiss my heritage as unimportant. For completeness I also dismiss scotchland as unimportant.

The drink is not 'scotch' as you put it but Scotch - I'll leave it abbreviated in case I misspell Whiskey.

• rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,484
    FishFish wrote:
    Robert88 wrote:
    FishFish wrote:

Statistically it does.
    Statistically it makes you stomoxys calcitrans ;)
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • pblakeney
    FishFish wrote:
    PBlakeney wrote:
    That’s a drink.

I was born in Fort William (Fort Bill to us scotch) and grew up in Eocher ( Iochdar to the true scotch) / Inverness and my Alma Mater is The University. (That is how us scotch refer to Glasgow University).

Your sexist remark discriminates against scotch 'women' and you can wonder why I've encapsulated the object but I as a European dismiss my heritage as unimportant. For completeness I also dismiss scotchland as unimportant.

The drink is not 'scotch' as you put it but Scotch - I'll leave it abbreviated in case I misspell Whiskey.
    :lol::lol::lol:
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • robert88
    FishFish wrote:
    Robert88 wrote:
    FishFish wrote:

Statistically it does.

Not at all. Show me the mathematical proof.
  • FishFish
    Well there is no 'proof'. But the assertion is that most horses are born in stables hence the probability of a horse being born in a stable is higher than not. There has been no assertion that anything else is born in stables - leaving aside ticks, bacteria, sons of God - so statistically being born in a stable makes you a horse. Not certainly but likely.

You can use the same argument that if you were born in a maternity ward it is likely that you are human. I don't know if you were born in a maternity ward or if you are human so I cannot personalise it.