sungod Posts: 16,437
edited October 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

gmc, coffee, cake, lab, may consent to a webex but trying to cut down, bail
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Cold walk with the hound and now enjoying a bland breakfast as I forgot to make porridge before I went out

Last nights fun bike was much fun followed by the pub, tonight won’t be as much fun
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,197
    Jeezo man, it's Baltic oot there.

Important meeting in a bit which should manifest itself in more income.
    Had funny dreams last night that involved more than one woman. I always like them, except the waking up bit.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    So, they working by candle light later Oxo?

Usual gumph occurring here nothing exciting, clouding an grey but not as cold as yesterday. Oh, bar the office manager deciding to quit, always livens up the workplace.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Can you send him to walk mine shes being a pain at the minute, seems she has to investigate every leaf thats fallen.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Afternoon

-2 when I left home but up to +3 by the time I got to work, and rising. It's like a mini heatwave.

Gym later, maybe. It'll definitely be warm in there.

Quite fancy a snooze, but I reckon someone would notice.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Pleasant ride today. No frost on the ground so toes much happier.
    That's me for the day. I've peaked.
  • pinno
    Where tf is Stevo, Hayden, VN, Hoppy et al?!

There are signs that some people around here have been surreptitiously doing actual work. Tossers.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Pinno wrote:

There are signs that some people around here have been surreptitiously doing actual work. Tossers.

Don't get pointing your finger at me for that!
  • Just back from a site meeting which was quite possibly one of the worst jobs I've ever looked at.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Pinno wrote:
    Tossers.
    Guilty m'lud.

Afternoon folks,
    New role keeping me busy which is good. Had a few customers trying to bother me by email, they have been batted off without any problems which is a joy. Much less tea being consumed as I have to make my own.
    Still learning the systems up here. Rather frustrating having to learn the system on one computer system knowing a new one is coming up in January.
    Managed to wobble in this morning, off shortly as taking the wife to the dentist. Will have to murderise someone over the fruit issue.
    Just back from a site meeting which was quite possibly one of the worst jobs I've ever looked at.
    Hopefully you quoted accordingly.
  • pinno
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Don't get pointing your finger at me for that!

Don't worry Bally, I know you are a true disciple. I have concerns about the other brethren.

You see - dinner hour is almost over and some of them haven't even stopped work to post.

@VN: You need a trolley dolly. Failing that, a Jackson. I am really concerned about fatigue.
  • Veronese68 wrote:
    Just back from a site meeting which was quite possibly one of the worst jobs I've ever looked at.
    Hopefully you quoted accordingly.

I'm not sure an extra zero on the end will cover it!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Pinno wrote:
    Tossers.

Mea culpa. Sed ex nihilo nihil fit.

Just fixed the puncture I got about 800 metres shy of work. Stuck the bike on my shoulder and jogged the rest of the way rather than fix it at the side of the road. Must get some durano or similar, roads/cyclepaths are liberally scattered with glass, and I can't avoid it in the dark.

Mrs H3 doesn't return until tomorrow. The house is clean, laundry done, no-one is getting yelled at, kids are clean and at school, homework has been done, I am at work. Everyone is getting fed, everyone is in the right place, bills are being paid. Is Mrs H3 necessary? She just creates mess and yells at people.
  • pinno
    edited October 2018
    hopkinb wrote:
    Is Mrs H3 necessary? She just creates mess and yells at people.

Funny that. Perhaps we could swap. I'll see if Mrs H3's yelling is any more bearable.
    They must be good for something.
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    Afternoon all - day 2 of the new job, not a huge amount to do yet, have exhausted me desire to read and re-read their intranet page!

I think the guy opposite me needs a new keyboard given how hard he hits the keys, either that or he hates his keyboard!

bit damp and cold here today, how long till the clocks change again?
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • pinno
    Chris Bass wrote:
    I think the guy opposite me needs a new keyboard given how hard he hits the keys, either that or he hates his keyboard!

I can see the beginning of the end already.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Chris Bass wrote:

I never used to be bothered by this cold, damp and darkness. In fact I used to say that winter was my favourite time of year, being a miserable git.

However, I was wrong.

I don't mind a month of crisp autumn sunshine, maybe a week or two of nice white fluffy snow, then a month of gentle spring breezes, overnight rain and new growth. By my calculations that should mean 9 to 10 months of summer; warm, light, fragrant, sun-kissed summer. Where should I write to request this? The current state of affairs does not please me any longer.
  • chris_bass
    hopkinb wrote:
    Chris Bass wrote:

I never used to be bothered by this cold, damp and darkness. In fact I used to say that winter was my favourite time of year, being a miserable git.

However, I was wrong.

I don't mind a month of crisp autumn sunshine, maybe a week or two of nice white fluffy snow, then a month of gentle spring breezes, overnight rain and new growth. By my calculations that should mean 9 to 10 months of summer; warm, light, fragrant, sun-kissed summer. Where should I write to request this? The current state of affairs does not please me any longer.

maybe write to the government, get them to stop brexit and migrate somewhere further south?
  • pinno
    I think you're up sh1t creek Hoppy.
    Sungod has the answer: Holidays in the sun in winter and in between those times, LSD.
  • veronese68
    How long until CB turns into the guy opposite and starts bashing his keyboard whilst telling the voices in his head to leave him in peace?
    I’m sure Mrs Hcubed has her uses. My EPO doesn’t shout much thankfully, not very happy at the moment though as she’s rather fed up with hobbling.
    Oh, Vittoria Voyager Hyper folding jobbies work for me. Big and comfy as well as feeling quick to me. They probably offend Piña which is a plus.
    Add a zero then move the decimal point to the right HD.
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,939
    hopkinb wrote:
    Chris Bass wrote:

However, I was wrong.

We have to get rid of this 'axial tilt' nonsense.

The older I get, the better I was.

• chris_bass
    Veronese68 wrote:
    How long until CB turns into the guy opposite and starts bashing his keyboard whilst telling the voices in his head to leave him in peace?

It is either that or i find a place for the keyboard that means he will struggle to type on it at all! any suggestions!?
  • pinno
    Stick it in a drawer and lock it.
    Use wire cutters/scissors.
    Buy ear plugs but VN and I will tell you from experience, that doesn't dampen down the noises in your head.
    Ask him politely to keep the noise down as you are an axe murderer and want to add to the notches on the wall (for 2018).
    Mimic him very loudly until he admits defeat.
  • veronese68
    Are you thinking a dark place CB, somewhere the sun doesn’t shine?
  • pinno
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Are you thinking a dark place CB, somewhere the sun doesn’t shine?

That would ruin the keyboard.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Pinno wrote:

Busy day including my half year presentation to the board. I survived. Now trying to do some real work but running out of energy/willpower.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Chris Bass wrote:
    It is either that or i find a place for the keyboard that means he will struggle to type on it at all! any suggestions!?
    Plug his keyboard into someone else's computer. He'll hit it even harder when it doesn't work, and the other person will be all WTF is going on. Works a treat with the mouse too.

Or plug your keyboard into his computer, when he hits a key type "ouch".