Ekoi France

big_harv
big_harv Posts: 512
edited November 2018 in Road buying advice
https://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/prod ... end-398174

Anybody got any experience of this firm? Big discounts on offer...

I'm interested in jerseys, something a bit different from the usual brands.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Decent enough but the finish is a bit lacking. Loose threads and things. Not valid premium brand but what can go wrong with a jersey. Very popular in the south of France.
  • big_harv
    Thanks very much. Nothing my good lady couldn't fix with a needle and thread.

How is the sizing? I see the clothing is Italian made.
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,736
    Had one jersey which I bought in France, was very short in the body and the zip broke after 2 rides.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • cougie
    Sizing is a bit on the small side.
  • Ekoi is standard kit here in CH and FR (all FR not only South), AG2R have been supplied by Ekoi in the past, not sure about 2018. It's a good standard but not Assos level, but equally the pricing is more reasonable.
  • big_harv
    I spend summers in the South of France but can't recall seeing any. :oops: No physical outlets I assume, it's all internet right?

Looks good anyway. Thanks for the info all.
  • Big Harv wrote:
    I spend summers in the South of France but can't recall seeing any. :oops: No physical outlets I assume, it's all internet right?

Most LBS in France sell Ekoi although it seems to be Internet only for the UK sales. My guess is that 20% of French riders have some Ekoi kit on them, perhaps more.
  • big_harv
    Big Harv wrote:

Most LBS in France sell Ekoi although it seems to be Internet only for the UK sales. My guess is that 20% of French riders have some Ekoi kit on them, perhaps more.

Must have been the sweat streaming down my face and I couldn't see! (40 degree C rides are not unusual). Thanks again, I'll go shopping next Spring I think.
  • cougie
    Must be the biggest brand in the cote d'azur.
    They do loads of colours and designs so you can Alway get something to match your bike.
  • big_harv
    cougie wrote:
    Must be the biggest brand in the cote d'azur.
    They do loads of colours and designs so you can Alway get something to match your bike.

I'm in Montpellier for holidays. Next year I'm packing up work and heading down from April to October. Ooh la la. Planning loads of rides, I'm in touch via FB with a few clubs.

I've noticed the locals wrap up in full thermals when it's 15 to 20 degrees. Below 15 they don't even bother. They think I'm mad obviously!

Based on the above maybe a team GBR kit might be a laugh. Or not...

Thanks again..
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    Cheap and cheerful (loads of designs). They are everywhere here but I find their winter stuff poor in terms of temperature control and the quality a bit iffy, though they have improved over the years. there used to be a shop near me but it's closed. I believe there is another one somewhere but they are an online retailer.