Bidons

tyke999
tyke999 Posts: 50
edited October 2018 in The cake stop
Hi, this may sound like a funny question but here goes....

I have a crate of approx 150 Tacx Shiva Bidons which I purchased a couple of years ago for an event I sponsored. They are un-used and what was left over after the event .They have a logo on which was connected to the small company I owned at the time. I would like to use some of them / give away etc to friends and colleagues but I want to remove the painted/printed logos.....

Does anyone know of a chemical / substance which would remove the print but not damage the bottle?

Thanks

PS - I was registred to this forum for a few years but this is the first time back for a while and have had to re-register :D

Comments

• robert88
    robert88 Posts: 2,696
    Dunno. How're things in Peckham these days?
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,483
    Seeing as you have 150 of them, could you not spare one on which to test various solvents? I'd maybe try nail varnish remover or acetone but no idea what they will do to the bottle beneath.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Unless your business was a shonky XXXX rated prawn site why bother? They are pretty much worthless anyway.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,586
    If you are giving them away for free then people won't care.
    Why worry?
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • tyke999
    I was in partnership in the company and the 'split' and resultant sale of the company was a traumatic experience ...The company is still in existence and I dont want to give free advertising to the ''new' owner....I would like to donate then to local cycle clubs etc and so will make a few tests with the nail varnish remover etc and all else fails they all go down the recycling route :)
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Easier solution then, is to make up a little stencil saying 'F4ck' or 'is a sh1t company', and spray next to the logo. Or even one that says 'Kindly donated by Tyke999'. Then you might even make it to heaven next to Gandhi.

Although, IMHO, life is too short.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,939
    As others have said, try it on afew bottles.

I'd suggest using alcohol, first either meths or IPA, and if that doesn't work, try acetone. The trouble is that you stand a chance of taking the plasticizers out of the plastic which will then make them brittle.

The older I get, the better I was.

• tyke999
    cooldad wrote:
    Easier solution then, is to make up a little stencil saying 'F4ck' or 'is a sh1t company', and spray next to the logo. Or even one that says 'Kindly donated by Tyke999'. Then you might even make it to heaven next to Gandhi.

Although, IMHO, life is too short.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • robert88
    Make a tiny water pistol style hole in a significant proportion of them and then send them back to the company whose logo they bear.
  • craigus89
    craigus89 Posts: 887
    I'll take two.

Thanks.
  • cellulose thinners should do it*

*seriously don't do it though, they will probably melt....
  • robert88
    Are they recyclable?