Spokes braking after ride...

54ragtop
54ragtop Posts: 20
edited October 2018 in Workshop
I had, for the second time, a spoke brake on a 3T C35 rear wheel after a bike ride. Went out for about 60km yesterday, all genereally fine, got home put bike on bike stand, when inside for a while, came out to put bike away moved it and suddenly a rear a spoke when ping! Seems to failed at the same place as previous one which is at the rim end as they are pull through spokes.

Obviously I’ll get it fixed, but any ideas? Thoughts? A bunch of fatiugued spokes.... wheels have done several thousand km..

Comments

• 54Ragtop wrote:
    I had, for the second time, a spoke brake on a 3T C35 rear wheel after a bike ride. Went out for about 60km yesterday, all genereally fine, got home put bike on bike stand, when inside for a while, came out to put bike away moved it and suddenly a rear a spoke when ping! Seems to failed at the same place as previous one which is at the rim end as they are pull through spokes.

Obviously I’ll get it fixed, but any ideas? Thoughts? A bunch of fatiugued spokes.... wheels have done several thousand km..

Yes, basically fatigue due to an underbuilt wheel. I don't rate 3T wheels very highly. They haven't been in the business of wheels very long and they are probably still learning what works and what doesn't
    left the forum March 2023