Ribble CGR SL

kafkathedog
kafkathedog Posts: 242
edited October 2018 in Cyclocross
This looks interesting, maybe more of an adventure/gravel bike than pure cyclocross but ticks a lot of boxes.
Carbon frame, internal cabling, THREADED BB, ability to take 650 and 700c wheels, decent paint job...

https://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/ribble-cgr-sl/

It looks good with the aero handlebar but not sure i'd spec that for practical reasons.
1799 for a 105 full hydro build, not bad value..

Is it a generic chinese carbon or a ribble original?
Or half and half?

Comments

• trek_dan
    trek_dan Posts: 1,366
    Agreed, that looks sweet. Doesn't look like any generic Chinese frame I've seen before. To be fair its hardly expensive and now generic Chinese frames aren't that cheap anymore, I don't think I'd be put off even if it was.
  • yeah, i guess does it matter these days, especially at that price point given that you will get a warranty and no import surprises etc.

Its brand new so not likely to be in a sale for a while but if it does come up on offer next year it will be a steal.
  • joey54321
    joey54321 Posts: 1,297
    I saw this released at one of the recent bike shows and thought i'd looked lovely. If I didn't already have a cross bike this would be on my short list for sure.

I don't think there is such a thing as a 'Ribble original', all Rbble bikes are generic (or semi-generic) carbon. They sometimes buy exclusive rights to a frame in the UK, which makes it look exclusive/like it's 'their' bike though.
  • mrfpb
    mrfpb Posts: 4,569
    This is the carbon version of the CGR Ti announced earlier in the year. I t looks lovely as a year-rounder, especially if you buy a set of the 650B wheels as an extra.

Carbon or TI? I think Ti is only £200 extra for the 105 set up, which seems like a bargain in the Ti market.