Specialized Roubaix Comp 2018

pgodwin555
pgodwin555 Posts: 66
edited March 2019 in Your road bikes
Picked up bike a few days ago. very pleased.
This was selected after 5 different bike demos, giant defy, scott addict disc, synapse, roadmachine
Paint work on it gets the most comments. Got a cracking deal on it too. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGDDRC1obaA

Comments

• I think we have the exact same worktop.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • bmxboy10
    bmxboy10 Posts: 1,958
    That is sweet mate. I saw one in my local Evans a while ago and it looked amazing. Like the vid too!
  • dabber
    dabber Posts: 1,926
    I hope you enjoy it. I love mine, done about 2500 miles on it so far and it handles crap road surfaces brilliantly.
    I'm around 68kg and run mine with the "Medium" rated Future Shock spring. I've removed the spaces and reduced stem height to the minimum (and had the benefit of no steerer tube to cut.
    Handling is great and I'm enjoying my first experience of disc brakes (don't want to start that debate though).
    “You may think that; I couldn’t possibly comment!”

Wilier Cento Uno SR/Wilier Mortirolo/Specialized Roubaix Comp/Kona Hei Hei/Calibre Bossnut
  • Great colour scheme, I went for the Elite and love it. Any plans to change any parts?
  • yeah I haven't had a chance to get out on it much yet due to rain, rain and more rain. But will most likely take a few spacers out to get a little more drop to match my old bike setup. But agree that it is by far the most smoothest ride ever, such a good bike for the bad roads we have around Sussex and surrey. Hopefully get some more miles on it and will re-post an update.
  • bmxboy10
    bmxboy10 Posts: 1,958
    pgodwin555 wrote:
    yeah I haven't had a chance to get out on it much yet due to rain, rain and more rain. But will most likely take a few spacers out to get a little more drop to match my old bike setup. But agree that it is by far the most smoothest ride ever, such a good bike for the bad roads we have around Sussex and surrey. Hopefully get some more miles on it and will re-post an update.
    Any chance of an update on this?