OT: supercar rental

secretsam
secretsam Posts: 5,098
edited November 2018 in Commuting chat
Hiya

Mum hits 80 next year, has a thing about yellow Lamborghinis (don't ask). She surrendered her licence, so it would be me driving (shucks, bummer) - anyone got any tips on the best way to do this? She's in Bristol, me in Bucks

It's just a hill. Get over it.

Comments

• slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    We did similar thing for my Dad a few years back (although he can still drive) - it was at a near by race track ... see if you can get a "race" driver to give her a lap or two ... ;)
  • FFS
    left the forum March 2023
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    FFS
    Fantastic Fun Sam ?
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    An 80 year old trying to get in and out of a Lamborghini, good luck :lol: Years ago I played driver with the steering wheel whilst we moved a Morgan Aero 8 in work, the only 'graceful' way I got out was to roll out of the seat onto my hands and knees.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,717
    redvee wrote:
    An 80 year old trying to get in and out of a Lamborghini, good luck :lol: Years ago I played driver with the steering wheel whilst we moved a Morgan Aero 8 in work, the only 'graceful' way I got out was to roll out of the seat onto my hands and knees.
    Best to do it before she gets to 81 then.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,141
    Does she want to go for a drive or does she just like the look of them?
    If she just want to look at them of touch them maybe see if there's a meet up anywhere you can take her along to?
    Or see if one of the track day places has some yellow ones and wouldn't mind letting her nose around at the end of the day.
  • .Ian
    .Ian Posts: 15
    There’s a charity day at castle Coombe this weekend that might fit the bill. Not sure if there’s a yellow Lamborghini going but there will be supercars there giving passenger rides.

https://www.stroke.org.uk/events/sporti ... urday-2018
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,415
    redvee wrote:
    Even younger people have trouble getting out of Lambos, so she should beware :)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3VPH1tK7j8
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Even younger people have trouble getting out of Lambos, so she should beware :)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3VPH1tK7j8

That was pretty much how I got out of the Aero 8 :)
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • Slowbike wrote:
    FFS
    Fantastic Fun Sam ?

Fantastically Forking Sour :wink:
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH